Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfonso Velasco
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not very fond of real time games.
Does the game lose interest if you play it turn based (even without the 30 second limit)? Maybe too AP without the time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Brunelli
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We tried this game in Orléans last saturday with the author and he told us that you can choose beetween turn based mode or playing all at the same time.
P.S: sorry for my english ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a real time demo at Gen Con, and while I'm not typically into competitive real time games, we had fun with this.

It was a bit difficult to really feel like you were doing a better job than other players since there really isn't that much time to figure that out during play, so keep that in mind.

I do question how much fun this would be without that real-time element though. I, too, would be cautious about the game being too AP prone... or rather, too easy/uninteresting if everyone can sit there and find the best move.

I did like how you can put any pieces you draw in front of other players, blocking them up a bit. It might be a good way to slow down players who excel at real time games more than you do to level the playing field a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came across this game today and watched the two videos by Eric Martin with the designer. The turn based version uses a 30 second timer for each persons turn. So not much AP I'd think. I love Galaxy Trucker, Space Alert, and thought Mondo was decent. I loke what I see from the real time version but the turn based one doesn't sound awful. It is likely to make the game longer.

I think that the game isn't 100% done yet, but that's what I've seen out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made up some variant rules and posted in the Variants forum. Please check it out.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24144101#24144101

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.