$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 118.04

7,151 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Rob Harrison
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Space-Cadets-Away-Missions-Board/dp/B...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
BUY! BUY! BUY!

(Great game.)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
This one keeps dropping. I think $40 might be my breaking point.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. When I logged onto Amazon, there was an "Only 1 left in stock" notice. Now it says two in stock.

Well, worked on me as it was what motivated me from waiting any longer before buying this game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap. I'm supposed to be purging, not buying, but this sucked me in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious for those that have played this ... how does it compare to Galaxy Defenders?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion328 wrote:
Curious for those that have played this ... how does it compare to Galaxy Defenders?


I like AM better. There are some similarities, but AM's gameplay is a bit more streamlined. (Setup can be fiddly, though.) It has a greater variety of scenarios, too, IIRC.

AM has more of a puzzle feel to it. If you don't like that, you might prefer GD.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
Orion328 wrote:
Curious for those that have played this ... how does it compare to Galaxy Defenders?


I like AM better. There are some similarities, but AM's gameplay is a bit more streamlined. (Setup can be fiddly, though.) It has a greater variety of scenarios, too, IIRC.

AM has more of a puzzle feel to it. If you don't like that, you might prefer GD.


Thanks! I have GD already and it looked similar in ways so I wanted to check before I blind-buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion328 wrote:
DJ Kuul A wrote:
Orion328 wrote:
Curious for those that have played this ... how does it compare to Galaxy Defenders?


I like AM better. There are some similarities, but AM's gameplay is a bit more streamlined. (Setup can be fiddly, though.) It has a greater variety of scenarios, too, IIRC.

AM has more of a puzzle feel to it. If you don't like that, you might prefer GD.


Thanks! I have GD already and it looked similar in ways so I wanted to check before I blind-buy.


If you like GD, and you don't mind tactical puzzles, then AM is probably a good investment. I enjoyed GD; I just like AM more.

(Full disclosure: One of AM's co-designers is a buddy and I helped playtest it and develop the rules. However, I have no financial interest in it.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.