1 Posts

Dominion: Seaside» Forums » Sessions

Subject: I finally felt the theme!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight, for our first game I voted to play with all duration cards. To that, Bazaar and Ambassador were randomly added.

Seeing those cards together on the table, I finally felt Dominion's theme, something I never experienced before. I saw endless possibilies to expand my Fishing Village into a great trading center, starting with a Wharf and Merchant Ship. That was as far as I got, but wouldn't it have been nice to build a Lighthouse to guide the ships home to their Haven? Let a Tactician design an Outpost to defend our newly built Bazaar, so that Ambassadors from all over the world could come with their Caravans and trade their ware.

Some notes on gameplay (during which the theme was again totally absent):
My opponent played Haven/Wharf/Bazaar in order to cycle to his deck and keep cards that were useful for next turn aside with Haven. He often had hands of 9 cards and won the game (31 points).
I played Fishing Village/Merchant Ship/Wharf. My plan was to take advantage of the coins gained with Fishing Village and Merchant Ship. That worked quite well and I only lost by 4 points.

For the other game we played (the one that actually made me exclaim that I finally felt the theme), we drew 5 random cards from Seaside and 5 from Intrigue. Strikingly, apart from Bazaar, they were all people. I was already envisioning my royal court with the Nobles, Ambassadors, Governors, Envoys and Minions in place to do my bidding. Off course, the Torturer in case someone won't do my bidding. And then the Bazaar, where the Cutpurse, Sea Hag and Saboteur meet.

I wanted to play Bazaar/Ambassador, but when my opponent showed signs of wanting to do the same, I checked which card would target him in the most effective way. Since Sea Hag and Cutpurse don't work well against the Ambassador and Torturor or Minion wouldn't be strong enough in this case, I went for Saboteur. What followed was a game where my opponent destroyed all his Copper and Estates, so those ended up in my deck. But I was targeting his Bazaar and Ambassador. In the end I managed to keep up a bit by buying all Nobles in the game and I lost only by 3 points (40-37). My deck was massive with 13 Copper and 6 Estates, while my opponent only had 19 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.