Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do believe that this game is coming to an end. Here are my reasons why:

1. We haven't seen a new announcement in three whole months. That alone should clue you in.

2. The game sold out everywhere online, which means that FFG didn't print many because they knew that it was going to end.

3. The game is very different from the old edition, which means it MUST be bad.

4. There hasn't been a big box expansion yet. This game is so bad that we'll never see Al-Kalim or any of the other boxes!

5. The game is widely popular, but people will burn out on it because it doens't have a big box expansion.

6. Movement is too easy.

7. The new expansions didn't add new mechanics. Obviously FFG doesn't want to commit resources to design.

8. The dice have stickers. FFG would only put stickers on dice if they didn't want to support the game.

9. Flipping tokens feels weird for me, so obviously it does for everybody.

Sorry guys, it's over.

/satire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot to mention the terrible dice and the pogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
You forgot to mention the terrible dice and the pogs.

What are you talking about? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget with the Runewars tactical game coming out, there's no way FFG would ever have two of their own games compete in the same space...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our only hope is if they sell the license to some giant animation company...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
And don't forget with the Runewars tactical game coming out, there's no way FFG would ever have two of their own games compete in the same space...

-shnar

Wait, didn't RW:TMG kill BattleLore? Two lines killed by the same game? Man, it's a sad day for Terrinoth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you telling me that I just wasted my money buying three of the four expansions? I thought I was really enjoying myself exploring the world of Terrinoth. Fighting monsters using a unique combat system that wasn't just a ripoff of other systems and I was really looking forward to the future I thought Fantasy Flight had planned for Runebound. Gosh I'm such an idiot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
And with GW parting ways, FFG is gonna collapse because Talisman is really their only way to make money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In all seriousness, does anyone know if the game is selling well? It's quickly become an all-time favorite with my group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmb
Well, if they end it, then the sales weren't as good as expected.

I guess it's harder to sell a third edition to second ed owners (like me) ... why should I buy the whole enchilada again? Reprinting the second and adding more expansions would probably have had more success ...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Well, if they end it, then the sales weren't as good as expected.

I guess it's harder to sell a third edition to second ed owners (like me) ... why should I buy the whole enchilada again? Reprinting the second and adding more expansions would probably have had more success ...?

Did you miss the "In all seriousness" part of my post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
msg tools
mbmb
Have always looked at Runebound but never played it. Looked very interesting but I think with Runewars coming out that seems to be what FFG is going to throw all their resources at, outside of Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Did you miss the "In all seriousness" part of my post?

Obviously I stopped reading when I saw that much white space before your "/" modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
Praise the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Neojames82 wrote:
Have always looked at Runebound but never played it. Looked very interesting but I think with Runewars coming out that seems to be what FFG is going to throw all their resources at, outside of Descent.

You mean Star Wars don't you? All of FFGs resources are being thrown at Star Wars. What the world needs is MOAR STAR WARS!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Waspman wrote:
Neojames82 wrote:

You mean Star Wars don't you? All of FFGs resources are being thrown at Star Wars. What the world needs is MOAR STAR WARS!!!

Flagged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluss Burrito
Germany
NW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it will, 3rd is the most disappointing "upgrade" of a game ever.
Because no one one paid attention to all the custom cards, houserules and what else the community has come up with for the 2nd edition over the years.
The did not even learn about the well known timing issues of the base set or paid attention to the many people enjoying Runebound solo. I don't get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
FlussBurrito wrote:
Because no one one paid attention to all the custom cards, houserules and what else the community has come up with for the 2nd edition over the years.
The did not even learn about the well known timing issues of the base set or paid attention to the many people enjoying Runebound solo. I don't get it

Only because you don't like something, it doesn't mean something has to die (otherwise, if we kill everything we don't like, we'll end up living in a pretty dull - or dead - world). You don't like the game? Then don't buy it / stop supporting the line. And hope that the line keeps going so that those who enjoy the product could have many more years of adventures in front of them.

The market is rich enough to allow every one to find the perfect game for him / her, without shutting down other lines.

Also, each and every choice done for RB3 has a clear designer's intent behind it, so that possibly not going with homebrewed creations has a reason to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game. Yes solo would be nice, but I love the adventure. I wanted to like The Witcher, but hear do many negative reviews. Runebound seemed to take the good stuff and left the bad from that game.

Admittedly I never played 2nd Edition, if that was good then awesome. But I hope Runebound is not finished because I love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
I very much enjoy this game! Play it solo only and have a blast, it fills a nice gap in my solo collection. Never got a chance to play 2nd edition but after watching a few videos I'm glad I own 3rd edition...

Hopefully they still continue to expand the game, but by looking at the amount of games FFG releases currently I can see why it might take some time between expansions as that takes artist/developers away from other projects potentially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlussBurrito wrote:

The tightly balanced, streamlined, and intuitive design of 3rd ed is what makes it so superior as a game to earlier editions. The earlier editions were almost entirely random, making them far easier to create custom content for.

But seriously, it's pretty lame to hope a game fails out of spite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound 3rd Edition is awesome. I am pretty sure that we will See a big Box expansion next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogier van Winden
Netherlands
Gieten
Drenthe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the game to pieces!!

Always play solo and enjoying it time and again.

Hoping for a larger expansion with a new board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.