$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 134.76

7,858 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » General

Subject: KS Tier Request - All Team Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The current pledge only comes with 8 teams which feels incomplete to me. Is it possible to create a KS Tier with the following?:

- All Team Cards
- Game controller card holder

Stretch goals could then improved card quality, linen finish, etc... I really feel like a big opportunity is being lost with funding by releasing a partial version of the game. Offer the current tier, but then offer a complete version which I think many would back. Card count would still land in the 5-600 range which is reasonable. The pixel blocks and sticker sheets are fine, but something I'd do on my own if I felt compelled enough. Thoughts?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
The current pledge only comes with 8 teams which feels incomplete to me. Is it possible to create a KS Tier with the following?:

- All Team Cards
- Game controller card holder

Stretch goals could then improved card quality, linen finish, etc... I really feel like a big opportunity is being lost with funding by releasing a partial version of the game. Offer the current tier, but then offer a complete version which I think many would back. Card count would still land in the 5-600 range which is reasonable. The pixel blocks and sticker sheets are fine, but something I'd do on my own if I felt compelled enough. Thoughts?

Long story short, it's not possible to create a separate tier for this due to print run minimums. This is something that larger companies or those running a preorder can do because they already have the product. I would still have to meet the minimum print run for the additional cards which is essentially the same thing as making a single game with all 32 teams at this level. To do it would require a larger funding goal and more expensive pledges.

My main focus is getting the very best game I can into your hands. I'm changing the stretch goals to focus on unlocking all of the teams. I'm going to keep the numbers very tight. I have some friends who are very good with numbers helping me crunch this. You guys bring your friends, and we'll unlock all of the teams.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
skyzero wrote:
The current pledge only comes with 8 teams which feels incomplete to me. Is it possible to create a KS Tier with the following?:

- All Team Cards
- Game controller card holder

Stretch goals could then improved card quality, linen finish, etc... I really feel like a big opportunity is being lost with funding by releasing a partial version of the game. Offer the current tier, but then offer a complete version which I think many would back. Card count would still land in the 5-600 range which is reasonable. The pixel blocks and sticker sheets are fine, but something I'd do on my own if I felt compelled enough. Thoughts?

Long story short, it's not possible to create a separate tier for this due to print run minimums. This is something that larger companies or those running a preorder can do because they already have the product. I would still have to meet the minimum print run for the additional cards which is essentially the same thing as making a single game with all 32 teams at this level. To do it would require a larger funding goal and more expensive pledges.

My main focus is getting the very best game I can into your hands. I'm changing the stretch goals to focus on unlocking all of the teams. I'm going to keep the numbers very tight. I have some friends who are very good with numbers helping me crunch this. You guys bring your friends, and we'll unlock all of the teams.


Thanks for the follow-up and will help spread the word. Backed earlier today!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Thanks for the follow-up and will help spread the word. Backed earlier today!

No problem. Thanks for the support!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.