$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 49.94

3,729 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23.5% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: New additions to database not being approved? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of months ago I added:

https://boardgamegeek.com/item/revise/thing/205376
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesigner/93773/nathan-gra...
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesigner/93770/trevor-kir...
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameartist/93772/dana-slatter
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesigner/93771/rachel-fis...

They're still not approved. Is the queue broken? Is there some problem I'm not aware of that I need to fix? Huge backlog of things to get through?

Something else?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
vIQleS wrote:

One admin responded to you with the following note:

Quote:
A good game description covers theme, game play, and goal. You have a sort of high level view of all three but can you expand the description to explain in a little more detail all three? What does a typical turn look like, what sorts of decisions do you make, how are the IRL elements utilized, how does the library fill up, How is the game ended, how is the game won, what do you mean vanishing library? those sorts of things.

I assume that the admin is still waiting for those items to be addressed because the current description leaves a lot to the imagination, and as one of the co-designers you can ideally fill in those blanks to provide users a sufficient description of the game. To revise the submission, please use this link: https://boardgamegeek.com/item/revise/thing/205376
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OSAKA Kobe KYOTO Nara BULLET to TOKYO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add, typically people and publisher entries only get approved after/when the game entry is approved. You submit it all together, the game gets approved, then the people and publisher get approved.
 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
vIQleS wrote:

One admin responded to you with the following note:

Quote:
A good game description covers theme, game play, and goal. You have a sort of high level view of all three but can you expand the description to explain in a little more detail all three? What does a typical turn look like, what sorts of decisions do you make, how are the IRL elements utilized, how does the library fill up, How is the game ended, how is the game won, what do you mean vanishing library? those sorts of things.

I assume that the admin is still waiting for those items to be addressed because the current description leaves a lot to the imagination, and as one of the co-designers you can ideally fill in those blanks to provide users a sufficient description of the game. To revise the submission, please use this link: https://boardgamegeek.com/item/revise/thing/205376


I added more details. if it's still not enough why didn't someone say something?

What's missing now exactly?

Also I feel like I've seen entries with much less detail than what it had initially...

What's the standards exactly?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
vIQleS wrote:
I added more details. if it's still not enough why didn't someone say something?

What's missing now exactly?

Also I feel like I've seen entries with much less detail than what it had initially...

What's the standards exactly?

Yes, we sometimes approve entries with less detail, especially in the run-up to conventions like Gen Con and SPIEL when I create game listings with next-to-no description because I know that something is coming and I can fill in details later but want to include the listing ASAP in the convention previews that I create.

In this case, you're the co-designer, so we expect that you can provide more details about the game. Someone should have pinged you again for more details, but the admin reviewing the submission might have seen the admin note and assumed that we were waiting for more details from you because the same questions in that admin note apply to the description currently in place:

Quote:
'''''Stacked!''''' is a quick, co-op game set in a mystical vanishing library. Players must answer customer questions (using IRL library digital resources) while making sure the library doesn't fill up with unshelved books.

It was created as a tool to use during digital library workshops at Auckland Libraries.

Summary

Stacked! is a cooperative game in which the players fight against the inevitable build-up of unshelved books while trying to answer as many customer questions as possible

''Stacked!'' is a magical vanishing library and, as such, the layout changes from day to day. During the game you're going to explore the library; answer reference questions from the customers; and prevent the returned books from piling up.

Winning the Game

The players win or lose together. The players win when each player has at least 2 answered questions.

The players lose if the Library is too full of unshelved books (I.e. Trolley Tokens are all gone).

''Stacked!'' can be played using your local library's digital resources (i.e. as a training tool etc) or using google to find the answers.

I understand the setting and the winning condition, but what's the gameplay like? What happens on a turn? Where's the challenge, the obstacles to succeeding in this co-operative game? This feels more like back-of-the-box copy than a game description, which is why the admin asked for more details.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A while ago I wanted to add a rare, oop game to the database and filled in the information as best as I could.

Got a similar request of adding more details, so I did. Apparently, that was not enough and they wanted a more detailed run-through of what a turn is like, winning conditions, etc.

I wasn't really interested to slog through the rules and eventually just gave up. When a similar discussion came up, I chimed in. Apparently, they prefer not having an entry on this rare oop game at all than having an "incomplete" one.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Tzer wrote:
A while ago I wanted to add a rare, oop game to the database and filled in the information as best as I could.

Got a similar request of adding more details, so I did. Apparently, that was not enough and they wanted a more detailed run-through of what a turn is like, winning conditions, etc.

I wasn't really interested to slog through the rules and eventually just gave up. When a similar discussion came up, I chimed in. Apparently, they prefer not having an entry on this rare oop game at all than having an "incomplete" one.


Yep, and then devote endless multiple entries for Monopoly. Go figure.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fambans `
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
A while ago I wanted to add a rare, oop game to the database and filled in the information as best as I could.

Got a similar request of adding more details, so I did. Apparently, that was not enough and they wanted a more detailed run-through of what a turn is like, winning conditions, etc.

I wasn't really interested to slog through the rules and eventually just gave up. When a similar discussion came up, I chimed in. Apparently, they prefer not having an entry on this rare oop game at all than having an "incomplete" one.


I was thinking of adding another rare oop game myself, but after reading this, I think I'll pass.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:

I was thinking of adding another rare oop game myself, but after reading this, I think I'll pass.


You can certainly try if you want. Who knows, maybe your experience will be different.

In my case, I had also already taken some photos to add once the game was approved.

I don't try to add games anymore.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.