• [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
You might get more response if you say a little more about the variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
It's a very complex thing that involves an extra D100 die roll, sometimes on behalf of one player or another, who supported the current player involved in resolution with their own assets.

The extra die has different roll % according to the assets committed and the game lasts longer but it's extremely complex even in its basic variant (of the variant, lol).

The CDR has 5 new options, including damage control and an extra skyranger mission, plus he can build the Xcom base. Satellites can be destroyed, scientists killed... soldiers and pilots promoted in combat. Even the CS has an extra research option and ways to produce salvage from air combat.

The CO has several new options to support local air defenses, base defense, skyranger... tons of stuff I would have already published but I don't know how to. The rules are in .docx (and there are roll die tables that's why, otherwise I could have just copy-pasted them here).

Beta7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Updates: I have decided to put on hold the tests for this variant until the expansion is released. I have some "news" to report about Evolution I am posting in the other thread.

Meanwhile, one thing I am doing is testing the SL missions with a particular rule:

The mission is basically 3 different tasks with the exception of the threat level not resetting. So I figured out since you can add reinforcements in the next turn and you also restart at threat level 1, so the aliens should counter.
Normally, what you leave unfinished is left untouched for the next turn. With my rule you lose 1 step at the end of the resolution phase.

Task nr (letter). - hits required

A 2 - B (alien 2) - C 1

Example 1)
If you do 1 hit and then stop, at the end of the phase, the success is removed. If you do no hits and then stop, at the end of the phase the mission is discarded and soldiers are returned to the reserves.

Example 2)
If you do 2 hits and then proceed to B and do 1 hit to the alien, and then stop, at the end of the phase that alien heals and you lose the success token but you STAY at task B (if you don't hit the alien at the next turn, you'll go back to task A because you'll lose both success tokens there.

If you do 2 hits and then proceed to B and do 2 hits you are now at task C. If you hit task C you've succeeded but if you stop, you go back to task B (a new alien spawns in task B).

If in the following turn you don't hit the alien you fall back to Task A.

So, essentially, this rule pushes you to move forward because if you stop you lose 1 step. If the task you're at has no hits, you lose the task and fall back to the previous one (you lose successes of the previous task and eventually even the alien card respawns). If the task has a hit but that doesn't complete it, you lose that hit and REMAIN there.

Beta12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.