Subject: What's the use of aquiring a luxury house? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo,

in my copy of a recent ed. of Game of Life (with Comic style Careers & Houses, Life-Tiles, no more insurances, and folded Map) there are TWO types of houses, but I cannot see the reason.

There are
6x Cheaper Houses (from 80.000 - 180.000)
It is obligatory to buy one of those.
(German: "Trautes Heim" = Sweet Home, or "Starter Home").

later in the Game, there is the POSSIBILITY to sell them and aquire one of
6x Luxury Villa (from 300.000 - 800.000)
When You reach the end of the Game, You can sell them again for the named Price.

But why should I buy one?
I cannot see any advanntage to have such a Villa, it does not seem to be a prerequisite of anything - i.e. for entering the "Millionaires Villa" at the end...
It seems, that I just "park" my Money in a House...

The only reason might be, that while selling the Cheap house You usually gain a small Revenue (i.e.Buy a Log Cabin 120.000, sell a Log Cabin 140.000), but this is not true for all Homes (Mobile Home buy & sell at 80.000)

Suggestion:
Make a Luxury Home conditional to enter the Millionaires Villa End Space

Any Ideas? What id correct? How do You Play this?

Greetings from germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric G
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there is a spot on the Life board farther ahead that causes you to loose your money. Having a luxury house is like keeping money in the bank? You would not loose your house and then at the end of the game, you can sell your house and have a guaranteed money coming back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf9545 wrote:
Maybe there is a spot on the Life board farther ahead that causes you to loose your money. Having a luxury house is like keeping money in the bank? You would not loose your house and then at the end of the game, you can sell your house and have a guaranteed money coming back.

Thanks,

I will check that!
I cannot remember such a space. But I have several Versions at Hand and will check them all. Sometimes the Text on the spaces did Change, so it might be, that an older Version has such a text space - then it would be good to "park" the Money in form of a Villa - but: Can You sell it anytime? We will see

Anyway, it is interesting to see, how ths classic DID Change through the Years

Greetings, Reinhard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.