5,717 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmb
Hey everyone.

So as the title said I'm curious if anyone tried this ? I know the People of the stars rulebook tells you not to , but maybe anyone took the risk?

In the People of the sun I think it doesn't mentions anything but I'm wondering if it has many downsides like making the campaign too easy or too hard?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't comment on People of the Stars as I don't own it/haven't played it.

For People of the Sun; you should not add any expansions even though the book doesn't explicitly say so (a mistake IMO). The reasoning being:

Nemeses - Adding an extra one is playing Russian Roulette in this campaign. Also, why risk blowing up your campaign for one measly nemesis fight? Lastly I don't think you can even add Slenderman as there is no Armored Strangers story event to replace.

Huntable Monsters - Answering this one is a little trickier. The most obvious piece is People of the Sun can't use heavy gear. So that instantly wipes out armor from monsters like the Gorm and Dung Beetle Knight. The more subtle piece is that PoSun have really nice campaign specific gear you can craft from the Sacred Pool location. These all require parts from the core monsters (Lion, Antelope, Phoenix). You don't want to miss out on that gear if you don't have to.

I think some expansions you could add to People of the Sun if you really wanted to is the Lonely Tree. As that nemesis fight is completely optional and at the least just a different terrain piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it a lot of fun to hunt dragons with my people of the Sun.

Actually, we quite enjoyed hunting the spidicules too- just make sure you still have an antelope to cut up (or just forego that part of the campaign).

Take a look at the armor that the quarry provides- if it is all heavy, then you probably should go with a different quarry.

And if you want to add a Slenderman, you can do it, just add in the initial event wherever you like on the timeline- a Slenderman will then replace the next Nemesis encounter (which isn't until the end of the campaign).

Slender will show up very late, so you won't have much chance to mess around much with all the bits and bobs he provides.

Don't add the Manhunter unless you are prepared to end your campaign immediately if you fail to beat him (alternatively, you could house rule that Nova only applies to the nemesis that are on the pre-set encounters)

And you can add anything to People of the Stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Many people on these forums have said the main problem with adding expansion in Stars is that it makes certain constellations (especially certain powerful ones) much much easier to get, so it throws off the challenge ration a bit. I can't swear to it myself, as I don't have the DK expansion, but it would make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
Some Constelation requires specific disorder/FA from the Dragon King expansion. A bigger disorder/FA deck lowers the probability to get those Disorders/FA. I would suggest to run as intended (no expansions) until at least second half (13+ LY ) when your survivors, and try to measure up against higher lvl enemies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.