Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Edited subject, because I'm asking a couple different things here.

So I know there is going to be 2 campaigns, the core set and the crystal caverns or whatever, but how many scenarios do you think are going to be in each campaign? I'm really asking because if you bought every add-on would that be too many miniatures to see them all in one campaign? I know this game is being designed so you can 'theme' your quests with what ever mobs you want, so I'm wondering if there's going to be something in the quest setup; i.e. add 4 mob cards, 2 boss cards, 3 roaming monster cards.. etc. Or do you just shuffle everything together and draw randomly. I suppose that's the big appeal of this game when it come to the enemies.

I'm also excited for the homebrew campaigns people are going to come up with!

But yeah, I'm soooooo stoked about this game! it can't come soon enough. From now until then is just wasted time that I could've been painting those miniatures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Khan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you mean specific monsters for a given scenario, for example only dwarfs?

I hope for this too, but I am quite sure that both campaigns would only feature monsters from the core set (the crystal campaign can be purchased on retail with the tile set, I think, so they cannot assume you own more than the base monsters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, I had read or watched somewhere that if you want to only include certain types of mobs in the deck you could do that. So since not everyone is going to have all the add-ons and or KS exclusives once it hits retail, the monster decks have to be pretty customizable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
Ya, I can't see the more general campaigns having specific monster types needing to be used. It sounded pretty open ended from what I have read.

Now they might make some really specific campaigns later on that only use certain monsters, but I think those will be few and far between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understood the essence of the question in the OP;

i.e. "Will there be guidance included in the quest set up text for a given mission as to how many Mobs etc. to include.."

My best guess, but based only on my experience with the Zombicide games, the answer would be no. Again, based on Zcide, the set up will likely make assumptions based on the core set, with specific instructions only pertaining to a specific quest if warranted.

As an example; where a quest in Z:BP makes a note about placing a certain type of Zed on a given space for that mission, or where a certain type or number of Zed might be removed from the spawn deck.

That said, we really don't "Know" anything yet. MD may be set up very differently in this regard.

But as others have already mentioned, I fully expect fan-based quests which will folks on certain groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it'll be just a stack of shuffled spawn cards, there's not enough types of mobs, agents and monsters in the core-box to stretch over a campaign where you essentially delve deeper into the dungeon. You have orcs, goblins and dwarfs, plus 6 types of monsters. That's it.

I do think this game will allow for a ton of houseruling and especially for Kickstarter-backers, there's tons more of enemies; you got the troglodytes, plus 21 extra monsters. If you got expansions, you can go even further. The other day, we played a game of Zombicide Black Plague, with an animal-theme. Just the Wolvz, Crowz and Abominataur went into the spawndeck. I can't see why a similar thing couldn't be applied to MD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
I think if you want to do a themed game, expansions are pretty much mandatory. Someone in another thread brought up using the goblins, low troll, and Hellsbane mini to recreate a LotR Mines Moria-style game. I already have plans to buy a few Reptisaurian add-on boxes and have a lizardman heavy game.

While it might be sort of difficult to have themed games with only one race, I can see mixing two or three and it being just fine. For instance if you had a green skins/lizard type game, you could play with the two types of goblins, orcs, and lizardmen minis, plus their agents, to make a pretty varied game. Troglodytes could be paired with Ratlings and Dwarves for a subterranean/cave theme. Plus you have any roaming monsters you want to add in (thinking trolls, ogres, and anything else that would fit with the orcs and goblins...).

Really though, you could just tweak the roaming and mob monster numbers. I foresee myself playing games where there are only a few mobs and tons of roaming monsters, or vis versa. Making changes like this seems super easy as all you really have to do is add or remove certain cards from the deck before playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking. But I think the intent of the roaming monsters is that you're going along fighting a bunch of lizard men and then all of a sudden the hellaphant or the Cyclops breaks out because they were just 'roaming' around the area. Definitely adds to the variety.

Thanks to everyone who's posted! Like I said, this game can't come soon enough, we need to know more! I guess I'll be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.