Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michel Ouimet
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
Just to be sure :

A unit (even a formed mortar) can spend its first MP to enter a hex and try to rally a friendly unit there, then spend a second MP to enter the trench (in the same hex) and rally a second friendly unit IN the trench, and finally spend its last MP to leave that hex and try to rally a third friendly unit in the ending hex.

Is it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Lots of things wrong with this example, but yes a single moving unit could rally one unit per hex it enters. Why only one? Because the stacking limit is two per hex. So, in the example you describe, the mortar could not enter the first hex since there were already two units present there.

The move score on a formed mortar should be one vice three.

Also, conceptually, the moving unit isn't "rallying" anyone. Rather, the dispersed units are rallying in response to the movement of a formed unit. At the time (1914-1918) practitioners believed that well disciplined troops in good order moving through remnants of previously shattered units would inspire/encourage those units to reform - whose to say they were wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Ouimet
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
Gee, I was way out of the path on this one. Thanks for the light.

PS : I'm asking all those questions these days because I'll have to explain the game to one of my friend this Friday night! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Ouimet
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
gorkowskij wrote:
yes a single moving unit could rally one unit per hex it enters.

Does the moving unit has to enter the trench to make the friendly unit there try to rally?

EDIT
John Gorkowski answered me elsewhere : "No need to enter the trench, just be in the same hex."

Thanks John!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.