Support:

Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

We played an exhibition last night and team Nemessis used an interrupt card to use their Thwart ability to stop someone playing a card.

A player asked if they could use the Axed card or the Cancel card edge token to stop Thwart.

The logic was, the player is playing a card, but the card is technically just fueling the Thwart ability.

So is Thwart technically playing a card since it uses an interrupt card and thus subject to all card counter effects?

Any clarification is apreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 14 of the Exhibition & League Rulebook:

"Sacrificing a card is not the same as playing a card."

"A sacrificed card cannot be canceled."

"Sacrificing an Interrupt card is not the same as playing an interrupt card. That is, normal rules for playing interrupt cards do not apply to sacrificing Interrupt cards."

LOVE this rulebook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did I miss that???

I thought that was the case but clearly I was distracted when looking through it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bolin
United States
CA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do have to agree Frog the What Games and Slaughterball is one of the most comprehensive rules set I have experienced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a member in my gaming group that takes great joy in breaking games. After more games than I can count, he has been unable to wordsmith an advantage. Slaughterball has earned his respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks for the compliments on my rulebooks, guys! I'm a professional technical writer so I have lots of training in telling people how to do stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.