Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it via the free action Cargo Transfer, as you move past the outpost?

When placing an outpost, can they go anywhere, or do they need to be on planet hexes /legrange points, burn points, etc?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook handy, but from what I remember:

Yes.

They can go anywhere. You can strand your poor astronauts in space for decades if you need to get the thrust to land them somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:

When placing an outpost, can they go anywhere, or do they need to be on planet hexes /legrange points, burn points, etc?

Thank you

You use the Cargo Transfer free action to move cards from an outpost to another stack. You cannot transfer Outpost cards to a rocket stack or freighter stack during the movement of those stacks. However, you can jettison cargo from rockets during movement (to form outposts -- see E6. Outpost Stack Creation).

Outposts can be located anywhere a rocket can stop. Actually, you've implied the full list of places they can go, so was there somewhere specific you were thinking they might be placed that you are unsure of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
JohnnyR wrote:

Thank you

You use the Cargo Transfer free action to move cards from an outpost to another stack. You cannot transfer Outpost cards to a rocket stack or freighter stack during the movement of those stacks. However, you can jettison cargo from rockets during movement (to form outposts -- see E6. Outpost Stack Creation).

Outposts can be located anywhere a rocket can stop. Actually, you've implied the full list of places they can go, so was there somewhere specific you were thinking they might be placed that you are unsure of?

I'm a little confused on how to reclaim the cards into my hand - can I just "decomission" an outpost, and get the cards back? Can I do this with cards in a rocket/freighter stack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. You can decommission them back to your hand unless they're human.

Decommissioning humans is generally frowned upon and considered a felony which is handled in the advanced game. Basically if you aren't playing the PRC, you can't do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.