Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filippo Moretti
Italy
Cesena
flag msg tools
mb
Hello!
I was re-reading the rulebook and I stomped on an apparent contradiction. The rules read:
a) The end of the game triggers when a player deploys his or her last remaining troop.
But also:
b) Each time you take this action (deploy a troop) while you have no troops remaining in your barracks, gain 1 VP instead.
Isn't this a contradiction? If the game ends when I deploy my last troop, how could I get VPs by deploying some more?
Can you explain this conflict of rules?
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing the last troop triggers the game, but everyone else still gets a turn. At the end of the game people may have some serious power to spend and only one or two troops in hand. They could use all that power to "deploy a troop" several times earning vp for each one not placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lude
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It says that the "game end triggers". Play continues until each player has had an equal number of turns. So it is possible to have power for troop deployment left over that can be converted to victory points in the last turn only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo Moretti
Italy
Cesena
flag msg tools
mb
Got it, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goemon12677 wrote:
Placing the last troop triggers the game, but everyone else still gets a turn.

Just to clarify and support what David stated: everyone else does not automatically get an extra turn, you simply continue playing until everyone has had the same number of turns.

I.e. if the player just to the right of the first player (last player so to speak) triggers the end game, no-one gets another turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.