Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone loves polls right?

I am sure this expansion is several years too late, but by now I'm sure those that have, have had plenty of time to get some plays in.

This expansion more than most expansions really seems to divide people. Some people seem to love it, whereas others deplore it. So where do stand?

Poll
How do you like your Chaos in the Old World?
4 players without any of the expansion.
4 players with parts of the expansion.
4 players with all the expansion parts.
5 players with expansion.
Other (please comment and explain)
      46 answers
Poll created by bbblasterfire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 players with all the expansion parts, for sure. Missed one or two things, but overall was a much more fun balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted other, because when teaching the game I tend to use only base game components. I will the explain the expansion and for subsequent games with a particular group of 4 or less players I let them decide. Of course when I have 5 players who are itching to let their chaos out the Expansion is fully utilized. At the end of the day I am somewhat indifferent to the experience of the added items, however I will say I am always a fan of options which is what really led to my purchase of the expansion originally (the option of a 5 player game and the option of using components for lower player counts). Moral of the story: "Options are good!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
5 players with expansion or 4 players without horned rat. Card sets are up to mood at game time. haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
4 player: base game with no expansions
5 player: full expansion
3 player: find another game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdennett wrote:

This seems to be the general consensus, from what I've read. I've never tried it with 3 personally. I don't want to ruin the whole Chaos experience for anyone where they wouldn't want to play with 4 or 5, because they didn't enjoy it with 3. The only way I'd try with 3 is if all the players were already big Chaos fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Blue
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
cdennett wrote:

This seems to be the general consensus, from what I've read. I've never tried it with 3 personally. I don't want to ruin the whole Chaos experience for anyone where they wouldn't want to play with 4 or 5, because they didn't enjoy it with 3. The only way I'd try with 3 is if all the players were already big Chaos fans.

I've played it with 3 with and without the rat and it plays fine and is still a fun experience. It's not quite the impressive, interlocking design of playing the base game with four veteran players but paying any mix or player count with non-veteran players involved is just as "impefect". It's still a good game at any player count unless you prefer not to play any game in less-than-optimum conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacky Blue Note wrote:
bbblasterfire wrote:
cdennett wrote:

I've played it with 3 with and without the rat and it plays fine and is still a fun experience. It's not quite the impressive, interlocking design of playing the base game with four veteran players but paying any mix or player count with non-veteran players involved is just as "impefect". It's still a good game at any player count unless you prefer not to play any game in less-than-optimum conditions.

I have no problem playing at less than optimum conditions, but whenever possible I try to play something that is best at particular player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion: 3, 4, or 5 players.

Base Game: 4 players only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hill
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps, seeing as how things are going on ebay, add the option:

Is the expansion worth $200?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Absolutely not. The most I'd pay is $50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.