Subject: Buy/Sell/Trade forum for Ontario??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Peddle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys,

Is there a dedicated Buy/Sell/Trade forum for Ontario? I both buy and sell games occasionally on Kijiji, but was wondering if there is a system anybody has set up through BGG?

If there is, please provide a link and I would be happy to go there.

If not, what are the thoughts on starting one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Games for a set price should be listed in the Geek Market. You may also hold an auction, if you have starting prices and an end date. Please see:

Guide to Selling Games on BGG
GeekList auction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dereck Sherrer
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always interested in trades (especially local ones). I'd suggest marking any games in your collection that you're willing to swap as "For Trade" and add ones that you're interested in to your "Want in Trade". Many people, myself included, use the Trades under the Bazaar tab to find potential swaps with other users.

As mentioned above, use the Geek Market for any games you're looking to Buy/Sell.

Other than that, I don't know of a specific geeklist for what you're looking for, but there's usually a Canada-wide math trade four times a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Peddle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
derecksherrer wrote:
I'm always interested in trades (especially local ones). I'd suggest marking any games in your collection that you're willing to swap as "For Trade" and add ones that you're interested in to your "Want in Trade". Many people, myself included, use the Trades under the Bazaar tab to find potential swaps with other users.

As mentioned above, use the Geek Market for any games you're looking to Buy/Sell.

Other than that, I don't know of a specific geeklist for what you're looking for, but there's usually a Canada-wide math trade four times a year.

That's great advice. I will go through my collection and do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burnerp3h wrote:
derecksherrer wrote:

That's great advice. I will go through my collection and do this.

There are also periodic one or more day Cons in both the Ottawa and Toronto areas. Here in Toronto there's TABSCon/BreakoutCon and Oshawa CastleCon. At the TABS events we have both a no ship math trade and bring and buy auction, and a lot of people do postings on the TABS forums about sales, or do personal auctions with TABS pickup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom in Toronto
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to both Jamie and Dereck.
The bring & buy sales at TabsCON are well worth the $5 admission alone, and if you also are in the no-ship math trade, all the better!

FYI, the more information you define within your profile, the more likely others will offer you potential trades.
So try to precisely mark each game with 'for trade', and do a list for ones you want 'want to buy' or 'wishlist'.
This will enable the auto-trader to find potential matches...I get offers from all over the place from people who happen to identify an obscure trade match within our collections.

Also, be sure to add some Bio to your profile; where you're generally located, where you can travel to trade, etc. as I will be more willing to put a deal together if I know I can meet up with you instead of only shipping. So even if you live in GTA, if you go to Ottawa twice a year to visit a relative, mention that, as it opens up a whole new group of traders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for groups on Facebook. I am a member of "Ottawa Board Game Market" Lots of buy/sell/trade there. Of course it is local pickup....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottawa Board Gaming Community
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Paraxis wrote:
Look for groups on Facebook. I am a member of "Ottawa Board Game Market" Lots of buy/sell/trade there. Of course it is local pickup....

+1

It's a very active & responsive community and most people offer fair prices!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.