United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Yig ability says

"Sealing gates requires 1 additional Clue card from a connected town."

Does this mean you now need 6 clues of the same colour or one extra card from a colour that connects? I.e. Innsmouth would require 5 purple and 1 red or green to seal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123 123
Greece
flag msg tools
The second one. Your 5 same coloured ones plus any 1 of a 'nearby/connected' town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
darkabolisher wrote:
The second one. Your 5 same coloured ones plus any 1 of a 'nearby/connected' town.

Are you sure? It seems strange to ad a different colour instead of +1 card of gate colour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always read that to mean 6 of that towns color.
But now you have me wondering which way is correct.

I *think* they still mean the same color ie connected to that same gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
We've always read that to mean 6 of that towns color.
But now you have me wondering which way is correct.

I *think* they still mean the same color ie connected to that same gate.

Thats what we thought but why would they use the 'Connected town' language rather than 1 extra card (or somesuch).

We played the second way but lost anyway as cultists ran out! Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123 123
Greece
flag msg tools
Im pretty sure. Otherwise, it would just say you need an additional clue, without specifying 'connected town' (not gate). Needing 6 clues instead of 5 is harder already, just not as hard as if they were of the same colour!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you typed the card text exactly correct (I don't have the card in from of me right now) I would think that it is referring to the town that the gate is connected to, not another town that the town is connected to.

It's a lot harder to get 6 cards of one colour than to get one additional card of another colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The intended official ruling is that you need 5 cards of one color as per normal + 1 additional card of a different color, with the different color being one of the two towns that is connected to the town's gate you are trying to close. So, for example, if you had Yig out and were trying to close Arkham, you would need 5 green Arkham cards + 1 card from either Innsmouth (purple) or Dunwich (yellow), whichever you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
So does that mean the investigator needs 4 cards of the same color and one extra of the connecting town because thats what happened to me on the final gate. Depending which way this goes means i either won the game or lost it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doruk Can Ozcifci
msg tools
I have to admit that this is by far the scariest Ancient One for us to face. Until now, we haven't been able to win a game where Yig was summoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.