GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 107.13

6,668 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42% of Goal | left

Support:

Charles Cates
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone has an experience transferring RTL games from one PC to another?

I tried to move a 12h steam save game folder from the original PC to another one and cannot seem to get the game to recognize that the files are there. I tried copy just that folder, the entire directory and even making a backup and loading from there. Nothing what fruitful.

I'd appreciate any help out there. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Cates
msg tools
mbmbmb
I figured this out if anyone needs this later.

So.... you have to actually start a new game on the SAME SLOT as the one you're trying to transfer in from another PC. This part is critical as I'd tried doing a different slot and it didn't work. Then you have to click through to get to the world map for a save. Then you exit the game. Copy your files, overwrite existing, load it back up and it works. Nothing else will do. ugh!

Good luck all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job figuring this out. I'm sure it'll be of use to someone unless FFG add an official way to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think they're going to need to add a user account system of some type, especially after digital purchases are a thing. Let's say I need to factory reset my device, how do I regain the purchaseable campaigns I already paid for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.