Subject: Non-Player Op Only rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
I am just starting to go through the single player example, and I stumped on something. It doesn't look like the non-player factions will ever just play an Op only when they are the first eligible faction. Is that true?

I must be missing something, but the examples always seem to be talking about ops and special activity (which I get for the Limited Ops which is not in effect).

Thanks.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The bots always try to execute a Special Activity (and per 8.1 they are allowed to do that even when a player would be restricted to a LimOp. However, if they aren't able to execute the SA, then they don't do it.

Per rule 2.2, the Eligibility cylinder on the Sequence of Play display is placed after the Faction's action, to show what the Faction actually did. This means that a 1st Eligible bot that executes an Operation but is unable to execute any Special Ability places its Eligibility cylinder in the "Operation only" box on the Sequence of Play, restricting the 2nd Eligible Faction to a LimOp only.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Oerjan;

Thanks for the information. I missed the after part and that explains it.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.