Subject: Tournament Deck Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if this is covered some where but I couldn't find anything on the subject.

When playing in a tournament do you already have your 24 card deck locked in from the very start? or is it you get so see what shepherd and 3 gruffs the opponent has and then you build your deck of 24 cards from the 45 available to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Critchfield
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question. I only have formal rules for draft tournaments,so this rule is not currently clarified anywhere else. Yes, in constructed tournaments (As you described) you will be able to modify your deck after seeing your opponent's line up of gruffs/shepherd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Forscience wrote:
Great question. I only have formal rules for draft tournaments,so this rule is not currently clarified anywhere else. Yes, in constructed tournaments (As you described) you will be able to modify your deck after seeing your opponent's line up of gruffs/shepherd.

You could also use the locked-in decklist + sideboard and do the best of three mode.
You'd come to the tournament with a full constructed deck, and a list of, say, 6-10 sideboard cards that you could change between two rounds to adapt to your opponent's strategy.

Ideas here. I haven't played enough to know if it's relevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.