Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So something isn't really clear in the rules. This is about weapons that have red slots. There are two cases here:

1) weapons where the only slot(s) are red

2) weapons where there is a red slot but also 1+ slot(s) that are not red

My question is, when can a weapon be reused?

I'm guessing that with type 1, it seems pretty clear that the weapon can never be reused for the rest of the round, since you can never assign dice to it again.

However with type 2...when you use the weapon, you would remove the dice in the normal slots and keep the die that's in the red slot. Now can you use the weapon again by assigning dice to the normal slot(s)?

This majorly changes how valuable some weapons are. Mostly this applies to alien tech but there is at least one human weapon that this applies to as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Fields of Green. Now on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
levininja wrote:
So something isn't really clear in the rules. This is about weapons that have red slots. There are two cases here:

1) weapons where the only slot(s) are red

2) weapons where there is a red slot but also 1+ slot(s) that are not red

My question is, when can a weapon be reused?

I'm guessing that with type 1, it seems pretty clear that the weapon can never be reused for the rest of the round, since you can never assign dice to it again.

However with type 2...when you use the weapon, you would remove the dice in the normal slots and keep the die that's in the red slot. Now can you use the weapon again by assigning dice to the normal slot(s)?

This majorly changes how valuable some weapons are. Mostly this applies to alien tech but there is at least one human weapon that this applies to as well.

Thanks for the question. The answer is yes. Any weapons that have at least one slot with a white background can be activated over and over even if there is also a slot with a red background present

In the way that you mentioned, the die on the red background must remain on the weapon at all times while the dice on the white backgrounds are immediately unlocked after the weapon/item is activated. You can then roll those symbols again and re-activate the weapon/item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.