Popular Tags: [View All]
Marianne Waage
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'm designing coins for use in Fish Cook. What's a general good distribution of coin values for the game? Based on the instructions, I'm using values of 1, 5 and 20. And it says to have about 250 value per person. How many of each do people find they use during a game?

I know it can be a pain to have not enough low denominations, but it's also a pain to punch them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marianne Waage
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Didn't get much input elsewhere either. Thought I'd post in case it was useful to others.

I'll be printing up, per player (6 player max):
- 15 1s
- 15 5s
- 9 20s

Looking at the game, it seems like most of the things to buy are of odd values that'll require a few 5s and a few 1s every transaction, and the recipes cost a flat 5. But you don't want a million 5s in your hand, but you also don't want to be constantly making change.

And an extra 20 for good measure. My husband is good at distributions and balance, and suggested it to reduce the pile of coin one might have at end game, while still keeping the ability to make change.

Here's the art sample:

Updates on this can be found here:
Item for Geeklist "Things I've Arted"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.