31.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Jeff Jackson
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools

Hello all,
Gamers Heaven has been my home location for all of my tabletop gaming for almost a year now, and just recently, the location has become a devoted tabletop café. It is free to use and also has free WiFi. There's also beverages and snacks to purchase to keep the good times going. I've played many rounds of different types of tabletop including casual games, strategy games, and Dungeons and Dragons 5E and 3.5E. I'm posting this here with the hopes that there will be gaming groups who live close by who could benefit from having this space. I would like to get a regular group of people to come out on various nights. Usually, Fridays are my nights where I will demo several new games with the opportunity to demo any indie games. If you are interested, please feel free to let me know. If you stop by, please let whoever is at the counter know that I told you about this place. Thanks so much!

Also, thanks to Marc S for checking out our space last night. It was a blast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hutchison
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, I wish them great success.

They should consider updating their logo and signage at the store. My wife and I were walking around Phoenixville recently and the store looked like a comic/video game shop. Nothing on the exterior suggested tabletop or board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks impressive. So much good gaming in the Philly area. Too bad I'm 2 hours away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a great time at Gamers Heaven -- it is a fantastic venue for tabletop gaming and I will definitely be back. It was great meeting Andrew and playing games with you, Jeff. I'm working with our current game group to figure out what makes the most sense for a weekly game night. In addition, I'll likely be swinging by occasionally on Friday nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks for the well wishes.

If you didn't know, Gamers Heaven used to be a straight up total gaming cafe including PC gaming and console gaming hence why there's more images up for those types of gaming. The PC gaming and console gaming has moved to their other space called the Arena and Event Space. So far since the change, it's been a really great environment to play great tabletop. It's very spacious inside with plenty of room for everyone to be able to do what they want to do. I can understand if it's seemingly not a tabletop cafe based on the exterior, but I do hope that you come in to check it out.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Caracappa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having heard many great things about this place from Marc S, I look forward to checking it out. I am one of his regular gaming group elsewhere and this isn't too much further of a drive for me.

The later hours is what makes this more attractive, but I'd hate to lose all the connections from the existing group and I can't make it out for multiple weekday game nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff is hosting games tonight. I can't make it, but I'll be there on Fridays in the future. Check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MeetUp scheduled for next Wednesday.

https://www.meetup.com/Gamers-Heaven-Tabletop-Game-Nights-Ph...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Goodman
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jay! Hi Marc S!

I've been hearing about this place, I plan on checking it out some Wednesday or Friday. Hopefully I'll see you guys there!

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the interest level. I did want to let you know that the location has changed and is no longer purely a tabletop café. There will still be plenty of tabletop space available. When the space is fully transitioned, I will post new photos for the new space in this forum.

As I mentioned, Gamers Heaven initially was a space for all types of gaming including console gaming, PC gaming, and tabletop gaming. When the separation happened, the initial point of the space was lost. With this change, all of it will be happening under one roof again, but everything but a VR system on the tabletop side of the location. All of the console and PC gaming will happen on the other side with a wall blocking it. Tabletop usage remains free. The new space is also larger for us.

Thanks everyone for bearing with these changes. Gamers Heaven is a growing budding business that is serving a great need for us tabletop gamers, and we want it to continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregus48 wrote:
Hi Jay! Hi Marc S!

I've been hearing about this place, I plan on checking it out some Wednesday or Friday. Hopefully I'll see you guys there!

Greg
Hope to meet you soon, Greg! Be sure to check the MeetUp link above to join the active conversations about the games everyone wants to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Caracappa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregus48 wrote:
Hi Jay! Hi Marc S!

Greg

I may skip my regular Tuesday night next week to check this place out on Wednesday. One weeknight out is all my wife is OK with.

Look forward to hopefully meeting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Games tonight at Gamers Heaven. Jeff is hosting and he's got a trunk full of games to play including Fantahzee, Splendor, and Alhambra.

The new location for tabletop gaming is 285 Schuylkill Rd., Phoenixville, PA 19460, situated behind the O'Grady's and across the street from French Creek Outfitters.

Hope to see everyone next Wednesday when I return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Games tomorrow at Gamers Heaven, featuring Trickerion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marcss wrote:
Games tomorrow at Gamers Heaven, featuring Trickerion.

We played The Voyages of Marco Polo last week, so Trickerion is planned for this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamers Heaven has increased their tabletop space to accommodate the rapidly growing numbers of tabletop gamers playing games. We have organized groups meeting on Wednesdays and Fridays. Join us!

Meetup Link: https://www.meetup.com/Gamers-Heaven-Tabletop-Game-Nights-Ph...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.