Subject: adding free actions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I get a free action (for example for a unit with a hero), could a second unit stacked with the first one perform the same action also for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ambroz Podkoritnik
Slovenia
Velenje
Europe
flag msg tools
mb
No, hero is attached only to one exact unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, the hero would grant one unit a free action.

But then there is this:
7.2 Actions by Stacks wrote:
Two units in a stack may perform an action together at the cost of one action, as long as they perform the same exact action

Could this two benefits add together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ambroz Podkoritnik
Slovenia
Velenje
Europe
flag msg tools
mb
Correct, if you use 1 normal action it can apply to (both) units in stack. This also applies to HQ's and infantry HQ's free action. But as I said, hero is attached only to one unit and only this unit benefits from heroe's free action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg L

Massachusetts
msg tools
mb
I have Peleliu but have not played it. In Tarawa Ambroz is exactly right. It fact in the rules it specifically states this. There is a special hero that is an exception to that rule in Tarwawa but normal hero's only grant actions to the unit they are attached to (so keep track).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NoMasOvejas wrote:

Just to clarify what's already been said, the answer to this particular question is: no.
A Hero gives one unit a free action, the other unit in the hex can't "tag along".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brastias wrote:
NoMasOvejas wrote:

Just to clarify what's already been said, the answer to this particular question is: no.
A Hero gives one unit a free action, the other unit in the hex can't "tag along".

Ok, this answers my question directly. But it seems to contradict what Ambroz said and Gregg confirmed (though I'm not sure if Gregg was talking about heroes or about my actual question).

Anyway, in case of doubt, I'll favor the japanese (as if they needed any more help), so I'll stick with your answer.

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read 7.2 like this: "For 1 action, two units in a stack can perform an action together..."

Point is, it costs 1 action to activate an entire stack. If you choose to use the free hero action, you didn't pay an action and hence don't get to use that rule to help you. I don't think anyone said anything that contradicts this.

The special hero in Tarawa is a one-off case. It is a unique unit in all of he DDay games that confers free actions to all units in its hex. But no other hero has this ability. If you are confused about Martin's wording "a hero gives one unit a free action", it should be more specifically worded as "a hero gives the UNIT IT IS ATTACHED TO a free action".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.