• [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
Really putting the "petty" in "petty larceny" there
True, but I do not see why "being a selfish little brat who thinks they can do what the fuck I like, it's like oppression and shit" should get away with being a little shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
"So can I have some of your fries."

"Sure. So are we going to have sex or what?"

"What. Eww no."

"OK. I'm gonna need to see you put your hands on your head...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Who educated this policeman, anyway? And why didn't the station commander step in and talk sense to him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
yuk She PUT 'mayo' on`em! 'Tartar Sauce' were preferable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to make sure this was real story from a legit news site.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/dc/woman-arrested-for-steali...

Good on the cop, this fuckhead behavior needs to be stopped early. Cops hate doing paper work for off duty shit like this, So without video I can only assume this bitch was very obnoxious.

He asked her to stop, she didn't and now she gets harassed back. Justice served.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I had to make sure this was real fro a legit news site.

Good on the cop, this fuckhead behavior needs to be stopped early. Cops hate doing paper work for off duty shit like this, So without video I can only assume this bitch was very obnoxious.

He asked her to stop, she didn't and now she gets harassed back. Justice served.
Lets add

Would this be such an issue if she was not "cute smiley girl on T'internet"?.

She needs to learn that being a "cute smiley girl on T'internet" is not a license to take what you like from a bloke. She has leaned a valuable lesson, not everyone thinks you are cute or charming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
angry ~"IF any of you HOMOS don't "wash your hands" before eating, and touch me or my 'stuff'--I'll KILL you!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
(Cobert + Slater) agree on something = 100% wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I had to make sure this was real fro a legit news site.

He asked her to stop twice.

She took a fry. He asked her to stop nicely. She took another fry. He told her to stop, and that she could be arrested for theft. She took another fry. He arrested her.

The fact this is even a question is the reason nobody wants to be a cop nowadays. You get in trouble even for politely enforcing the law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, change this story to "Drunken man steals 3 fries from cop" and see if people would still be defending the drunk thief...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:

-100%×-100%=10000%

Your math doesn't check out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Also, change this story to "Drunken man steals 3 fries from cop" and see if people would still be defending the drunk thief...

Exactly. If this were some dudebro getting cuffed people would be laughing their asses off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:

Perhaps it is time to rethink a few of my life choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:

Actually, I would because it's equally stupid and a waste of public resources.

This officer's little tantrum probably cost the public over a thousand dollars in extra taxes.

And it didn't enhance public opinion of the police.

It was also unequal law enforcement. Can you imagine if police wandered around looking for incredibly petty crime like this being performed by the public.

Are police now going to be expected to arrest people who steal fries as part of their job or is it only a crime when you steal a fry from a police officer?

---

However, it does send the message loud and clear that police officers are dangerous to interact with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

This officer's little tantrum probably cost the public over a thousand dollars in extra taxes.

It was also unequal law enforcement. Can you imagine if police wandered around looking for incredibly petty crime like this being performed by the public.

Are police now going to be expected to arrest people who steal fries as part of their job or is it only a crime when you steal a fry from a police officer?

---

However, it does send the message loud and clear that police officers are dangerous to interact with.

Interacting with the police and acting like a selfish little shit is not the same thing. She was told to go away and did not, what was he supposed to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soup Pilgrim
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

---

Interacting with the police and acting like a selfish little shit is not the same thing. She was told to go away and did not, what was he supposed to do?

The same thing a civilian would do in such terrifying circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
souppilgrim wrote:

Punch her in the face?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

---

http://www.policemag.com/channel/careers-training/articles/2...

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/07/deescalation-policing-w...

There were options short of wasting public tax payer dollars.

For example, he could have started an arrest to show her it was serious and then let her off with a warning. That would have involved a little of his time but no tax dollars. Police officers do this kind of thing all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
souppilgrim wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

---

What?

If someone will not stop taking your food (becasue they think it is charming or funny or flirty) what do you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Officer Joey doesn't share food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:

Change it to "drunken man grabs woman's breasts" and you have a major international incident on your hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

---

http://www.policemag.com/channel/careers-training/articles/2...

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/07/deescalation-policing-w...

There were options short of wasting public tax payer dollars.

For example, he could have started an arrest to show her it was serious and then let her off with a warning. That would have involved a little of his time but no tax dollars. Police officers do this kind of thing all the time.

Can the police start to arrest someone and not follow it through? I was under the impression that once they started the process they have to arrest you.

Also he did warn her, she ignored him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soup Pilgrim
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
souppilgrim wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

---

What?

If someone will not stop taking your food (becasue they think it is charming or funny or flirty) what do you do?

What would you do? Would you call 911? What I would do would depend on the circumstances. It could range from asking the manager to have her removed, to giving the person my fries and buying more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.