Subject: A few noob questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I managed to get this to the table to do a solo playthrough with a view to introducing it to friends this weekend, and i think i may have missed a couple of things along the way.

1) When rolling for attacks from adversaries, do they add more damage for each successful dice roll (for example, the attack does 1 damage for each 5+, they roll two 5's and therefore do 2 damage)?

2) When rolling defense for the hero, is it just one roll which, if failed, receives all the damage regardless of how many successful dice were rolled by the adversary? (i'm perhaps confused because i'm used to the Shadows of Brimstone system)

3) When and how can the exotic adversaries be introduced? I was hoping i could substitute the minis for ones i already have.

Apologies if this is stuff i've just missed in the rulebook. I re-read the section on adversary attacks a couple of times, but it seemed rather vague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bengine wrote:
I managed to get this to the table to do a solo playthrough with a view to introducing it to friends this weekend, and i think i may have missed a couple of things along the way.

1) When rolling for attacks from adversaries, do they add more damage for each successful dice roll (for example, the attack does 1 damage for each 5+, they roll two 5's and therefore do 2 damage)?

2) When rolling defense for the hero, is it just one roll which, if failed, receives all the damage regardless of how many successful dice were rolled by the adversary? (i'm perhaps confused because i'm used to the Shadows of Brimstone system)

3) When and how can the exotic adversaries be introduced? I was hoping i could substitute the minis for ones i already have.

Apologies if this is stuff i've just missed in the rulebook. I re-read the section on adversary attacks a couple of times, but it seemed rather vague.

1 - Enemies have a certain number of attacks. Each successful attack does the listed damage. Two hits would be two lots of damage.

2 - You block HITS not WOUNDS. So if an enemy that does 2 damage per hit, hits you twice, you roll twice for saves, and take 2 damage per failed save roll.

3 - Look at the monster spawning tables. Certain entries say you have the option to replace the standard enemies with exotic enemies (you just pick). I intend to make some new monster generation tables once I have the exotic enemies.

PS: Make sure you grab the FAQ from here:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brilliant. thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guinch Nudrevil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created that homemade spawning table variant to include exotic and to balance the whole thing (sorry for french language) :

copy and paste those 5 columns on an excel sheet

multiply the indicated number on the tables per the number of heroes (rounded up)

COLUMN 1 : roll 2D6
2-3
11-12

COLUMN 2 : TABLE A
Evènement inattendu
0,75 Tzaangor
1 Grot
1 Kairic
1 Kairic & 0,75 Horreur Bleue
1 Horreur Bleue
0,75 Hurleurs
Le Héraut
Le Skaven Court-la-Mort

COLUMN 3 : TABLE B
Evènement Inattendu
1 Kairic
1 Horreur Bleue
2 Kairics + 0,75 Horreur Bleue
1 Kairic + 1 Horreur Bleue
1 Kairic + 0,5 Horreur Rose
0,75 Hurleurs
Le Héraut
Le Morne Invocateur

COLUMN 4 : TABLE C
Evènement inattendu
1 Grot + Evènement inattendu
1 Grots
1,5 Grots
2 Grot
1 Tzaangor
0,75 Tzaangor
0,75 Incendiaires
L’incendiaire Exalté

COLUMN 5 : TABLE D
Evènement inattendu
1 Grots + Evènement inattendu
2 Grot + Evènement inattendu
2 Kairics
2 Kairics & 0,75 Tzaangor
1,5 Tzaangors
0,75 Incendiaires
L’incendiaire Exalté
L’Ogroïde Thaumaturge

you may check our others houserules in the variants forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.