Subject: buy it ? : playing time/characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mario sieger
Austria
Leoben / Eisenstadt
flag msg tools
Hey there,

I´m thinking about buying this game since I like the theme. I don´t have friends that would play such a complex "large" game and therefore I would only buy it to play it solely.

How long does a game take normally? With normally I mean when you have already played your first two or three games so that you know the rules and do not have to read in the rules book as often as in the first round.

I´ve read quite often that it is a good game with two or more characters in play but is it also good with just one character? Because the core of the game seems to be the synergies of the abilities of the character decks...

thanks in advance guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it with one character so far and enjoyed it a lot (but don't use the archer!). But I am looking forward to playing it solo with two characters so I can explore those synergies.

I think my games averaged 45 minutes - 1 hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a complex game, for sure. I also think it's well worth the effort to get through the rules, because there's a hell of a game underneath!

My games typically ran close to an hour or more, but I also played with 2, and then 3 heroes minimum, playing solo. As you mentioned, the synergies are so enjoyable that it made the game much better with more than one hero solo.

The new standalone expansion is coming soon and will have an updated ruleset. It may be worth checking out and holding off for a month or two to pick that up and then add the base game later (since they will can both be easily combined)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play the game solo in under an hour.

2-3 player games rake 2 hours - mostly because of the strategizing and cooperating ie all the stuff you miss out on in solo play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario sieger
Austria
Leoben / Eisenstadt
flag msg tools
awesome, thanks for your answers!

A solo that takes about an hour is what I´m looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.