Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I found that the best way of removing the cardboard monster tokens from the bases is to use a small screwdriver and pry the plastic slightly apart at the end where the token is removed. This will create a slightly larger opening and remove enough friction that the cardboard token will slide out. This will not work if you glued your token in when you glued the monster.

I hope this helps preserve any original monster tokens you may have so you can play both editions of Mansions of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Can always put both thumbs on the back and pull down, should dislodge it unless you have no hand strength at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hillean wrote:
Can always put both thumbs on the back and pull down, should dislodge it unless you have no hand strength at all

+100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not always enough, at least not without the risk of them hanging up on an edge and getting torn. Some of the tokens fit extremely tight in the MoM2 bases. Way tighter than in the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of remounting my minis and just keeping the tokens separate, nearby. The bases are too big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We decided after second playthrough that the bases are an abomination, and I have ordered the clear acrylic discs for rebasing.

The bases that hold the counters were an interesting innovation for the first edition, when the tokens were different - special attacks varied from mini to mini, and the token was used to mark the difference. In 2nd edition, the bases are unnecessary, since the tokens are identical, and can be set to the side for reference when needed.

IMO, including the abominable bases in 2nd Ed was just a lazy design choice, and an ugly one to boot. 2-3 monsters in a space and the beautiful tile art is completely obscured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.