Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patricio Garcia
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if all the KS stuff will be available in the eventual retail version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
napinc wrote:
Just wondering if all the KS stuff will be available in the eventual retail version?

Not the teasers. For those, the retailers will have to wait for its respective expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I believe there are 15 preview cards that won't be available retail until when expansions come out later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desiree Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the retail release won't include the teaser cards for the other themes. Those cards won't be available until the full theme sets come out as expansions. everything else will be in the retail release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, per the latest update (Update #9), KS backers will also receive the Gen Con promo, but it will not be in the retail version. This promo will be available at some point in the BGG Store and other ways as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias C.
msg tools
As I understood, also the 2 theme packs added during the campaign (Ninja & Gangster) are not part of the core RETAIL box. These will be the first (of many more to come) additional theme packs/extensions you can purchase separately (no, not as add on in a pledge manager).
These 2 themes are free for KS backers (50% more content) but not exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pure_technetium wrote:
As I understood, also the 2 theme packs added during the campaign (Ninja & Gangster) are not part of the core RETAIL box.

Pretty sure they'll be part fo the core retail box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desiree Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pure_technetium wrote:
As I understood, also the 2 theme packs added during the campaign (Ninja & Gangster) are not part of the core RETAIL box. These will be the first (of many more to come) additional theme packs/extensions you can purchase separately (no, not as add on in a pledge manager).

the 2 new themes will be part of the retail box. That has been stated from the beginning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pure_technetium wrote:

I thought the same as you but apparently that is not the case. Kind of makes me wonder whether it is worth backing now or just waiting to order it later. I don't really care about the 12 cards. The real wild card is MSRP vs KS price I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think this is the source of confusion:

Quote:
you and everyone else can get 6 theme packs instead of 4, saving $20 , gaining 5 player mode and more replay value.

I read that to mean that I would save $20 by buying now vs waiting for retail and paying $50 for the box + $20 for an expansion with the Ninja and Gangster decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Dimanarig
Australia
flag msg tools
Vegas King wrote:

Quote:
you and everyone else can get 6 theme packs instead of 4, saving $20 , gaining 5 player mode and more replay value.

I read that to mean that I would save $20 by buying now vs waiting for retail and paying $50 for the box + $20 for an expansion with the Ninja and Gangster decks.

If you check the "what's in the box" section you'll see that the gangsters and ninja decks are included

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias C.
msg tools
WhiteHairedKon wrote:
Vegas King wrote:

Quote:

If you check the "what's in the box" section you'll see that the gangsters and ninja decks are included

Yes, included in the Kickstarter box.
The comment of saving $20 for me reads as saving $20 compared to retail... or compared to what else? If they will be in the Retail box as well, there is no saving, just more value for price.
Also check out the official website http://www.unfair-game.com/ , now not linking to KS campaign anymore: There it says
>> UNFAIR - a new boardgame for 2-4 players <<
and
>> With Pirate, Robot, Vampire, and Jungle theme decks in the base game, there’s plenty of variation and replayability. <<

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pure_technetium wrote:
WhiteHairedKon wrote:
Vegas King wrote:

Quote:

The comment of saving $20 for me reads as saving $20 compared to retail... or compared to what else? If they will be in the Retail box as well, there is no saving, just more value for price.
Also check out the official website http://www.unfair-game.com/ , now not linking to KS campaign anymore: There it says
and
>> With Pirate, Robot, Vampire, and Jungle theme decks in the base game, there’s plenty of variation and replayability. <<

it also says: Coming to Kickstarter August 2016.

That page is an old page that has not been updated since before the kickstarter began.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope the retail version has 6 decks because the question was asked numerous times during the campaign, including by me, and the answer was always that the content in KS and retail box would be the same but for the 12 promo cards for future expansions. If it's not it's no big deal I'll still buy it. But I bailed on the KS at the end because it started to sound like they are hedging a little on the December delivery now (I don't blame them - victims of their own success) and also because if the content is the same I don't see any reason for them to hold my money until delivery vs me keep my money and buy it when it is available. I didn't really care about the promos. 

I'll have to check out the Unfair website to see how they update it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:

That page is an old page that has not been updated since before the kickstarter began.

Right. On the KS page the official description now calls it a game for 2-5 players, which isn't possible without the Ninjas or Gangsters included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
pure_technetium wrote:
and

Yep, colour me guilty on this one. At the end of the KS campaign we just ditched the URL redirect so it didn't point at the KS page. We know the page is out of date, and it's on my list of things to do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I can confirm that both the Kickstarter and retail versions of Unfair will contain all 6 theme packs, including the 2 theme packs added through Kickstarter stretch goals.

Sorry we thought we were being clear about that from day 1.

My reference to saving $20 was in relation to saving $20 that you likely would have had to pay for the same packs later, in retail, if we hadn't managed to include them in the fully stretched version of Unfair. Ie better value for backers and retail buyers. sorry if that was interpreted otherwise.

The only differences between the versions will be the 12 sneak peek cards from future expansions, and the Gen Con promo card we are including in the Kickstarter version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricio Garcia
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response, I decided not to back it because of the weak Canadian dollar. Most campaigns in US funds are killer for us. I will look out for it when it hits retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.