Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Improvisation requires the same chord to be played in a trick, which is the criteria for a key change. However, the English rules state that the key chord marker is moved "after the winner of the trick has been determined." It seems unlikely that a key change would have to be remembered until the end of an improvisation, so is the key change immediate or ignored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Reimer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was considering the same question, and was just coming here to see if anyone had already asked. I'm proceeding with the assumption that improvisation does cause a key change.

The player who triggers improvisation gets the lead for the next trick, which is 100% consistent with the rules for who gets the lead during a key change (The player who plays the same chord as the lead player > the last player to play a duplicate chord). Because the player triggering improvisation meets both of those requirements, improvisation could be considered an additional special case on top of the normal key change rules.

But... it would be nice to get an official answer. :]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate H
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Hi. I'm the rules translator. Sorry for the confusion. The key change does happen right after the improvisation is triggered, and before the next round of improvisation begins.
Thanks for playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Nate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.