Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting to wonder if anyone still reads these. Nevertheless here goes...

Rules are 90% done (not excluding minor adjustments as related to playtesting).

We've finally drawn up a player aid with all the requisite goodies for ease of play.

The weapons cards have been chucked. I have deemed them superfluous to game play and if needed, support weapon counters can be stacked on a platoon's stat card.

The latest counter art is finally close to what we are looking for as we opt for...you ready?...actual b&w historical photos!

Also, not sure if i already mentioned this, but the terrain cards initially had a white border surrounding them. This has been removed to allow better card alignment during play.

Back to the rules...As we speak, the rules are what's receiving the most attention. Editing, changing, fixing, figuring out...just a for instance: the realization that having a demolition charge which can churn out up to 30 hits was simply unrealistic in relation to the rest of the game. The fix? Increase the hit frequency for each hit die while lowering the firepower.

The effect various types of cover plays is also still being tried.

The AI is running but running like an old Studebaker. Soon we hope to get it running like a Ferrari.

What else... We may be looking for a terrain illustrator. Will keep you posted but if any of you out there want to show your stuff and get your name "on the box" drop us a line and we will suss out the particulars.

There is still no specific release date other than maybe as early as Christmas though that may be a bit too optimistic and so much depends on factors that could expand or crunch time.

So that's it for now, more to come.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still here. Thanks for the update! Will this be only PnP or will you have some hard copies for sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sticking around. If i can have things my way, yes there will be a limited print run of hard copies The problem is that my previous printer shut down and left so i'm still looking for a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some quick, additional info.

I have officially incorporated the ability of leaders to influence action point rolls. So as it currently stands, rolling for action points via a leader with no DRM gives you roughly a 33 percent chance of scoring an action point. (Action points are rolled for at the beginning of each turn and allow units to perform actions. Each squad rolls 2d6 needing a 1 or 2 to score an action point).
Here is the rest of the breakdown:
Leader with -1 drm will allow an action point to be rolled 50 percent of the time
Leader with -2 drm will allow an action point to be rolled 65 percent of the time
Leader with -3 drm will allow an action point to be rolled 83 percent of the time

BTW, action point rolls can also be influenced via scenario rule as is the case for the first scenario in which the U.S. gets a slight boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.