5,536 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: KLOG - 24 September 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jess Drake
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KLOG is on again!

What: a free casual board/card/dice games event
Where: Kippax Library, Hardwick Cres, Holt.
When: Saturday, 24 September
Time: 10am-4pm

The game of the month is a mystery because I won't be there. Maybe
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can come up with one and if it's played, I can give the winner their prize in October.

The library open hours are 10am-4pm, so if you arrive at 10 you will have to give me a hand setting up tables and chairs. If you're staying til 4, you'll have to give me a hand packing up.

There is only one meeting room at Kippax Library. After you go through the library's internal doorway, turn to your left and the room will not be far away. There are toilets available in the hall outside of the library's internal doorway.

Feel free to bring some games to play. I will have a selection from my collection available as well. Just be sure to pack the games up neatly, just like how you found them.

Upcoming KLOG dates in 2016:

16 January
27 February
19 March (the 4th Saturday is the Easter weekend)
23 April
28 May
25 June
23 July
27 August

24 September
8 October (GLOG is on the 22nd, so KLOG will be on earlier to avoid a clash)
26 November
17 December
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a "game of the month", unfortunately. I don't have anything new and interesting for folks to play.

I will be bringing along some games from my meagre collection, but I don't want to make people play something of mine just for my amusement (else I would make Twilight Struggle game of the month ).

So bring anything you want to play. I do have vouchers to give out and they will be given randomly to anyone who is enjoying playing board games at the event.

See you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to get along and play Twilight Struggle but my day will be determined by when furniture arrives and possibly shepherding the kids around the Government House open day.

Yeah, It'll be an awesome weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't make it this time sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be able to come along. I'll bring along a couple of games that have sat on my shelf unplayed for too long: Triassic Terror for something meaty and But Wait, There's More! in case there's more of a party game vibe going on .

I'll also bring Reef Encounter, as its my all-time favorite and I'm always keen to get it to the table, and maybe Abyss or Above and Below, as lighter recent favorites.

Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Spratt
Australia
flag msg tools
I am attending with my boyfriend and we are bringing Via Nebula and Istanbul with us. Will be happy to play Above and Below too Keen to try new games too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bethster1 wrote:
I am attending with my boyfriend and we are bringing Via Nebula and Istanbul with us. Will be happy to play Above and Below too Keen to try new games too

I'm hoping to make it along, finally, and I would love to play Via Nebula.

Where did you get Via Nebula from, Bethany?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good turnout and pleased to see some new faces amongst the regulars.

Games played included:
La Isla
The Red Dragon Inn
Istanbul
Via Nebula
Machi Koro: Deluxe Edition
Guildhall
Niagara
Above and Below
But Wait, There's More!
Viticulture including Tuscany: Expand the World of Viticulture

Lastly, a reminder that next KLOG is coming up in two weeks time on October 8 (as KLOG and GLOG swap their usual dates for next month only).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess Drake
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for covering for me Richard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, really, really annoyed I missed this one.

I had a new tenant move her stuff in on Saturday, stayed somewhere else Saturday night, then came back over on Sunday and moved her stuff back out.

So I missed GLOG and wasn't able to host my SING.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.