France '40» Forums » General

Subject: Planes on Turn 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Long Lance
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I count twelve coming in from starboard, Admiral.
badge
Fourteen from port side, sir!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does 9.3 allow you to use 3 planes on one attack and 2 on the other?

Or only 3/1/1 on three attacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United Kingdom
Ealing
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd never questioned the rule until now, but I would still say the maximum number of air units per combat is three on turn 1, so 3/2 and 3/1/1 both work.

Rightly or wrongly, I generally use a maximum of two per combat on turn 1 anyway, wanting to spread out my chances over four combats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I would say, as a non-English speaker, that using word "single" means that in all combats in Turn 1 you may use more than one Air marker, so you may put Air in 2+2+1 or 3+2 or 3+1+1 or 2+1+1+1 or 5x1 fashion. But that's my interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
"On Turn 1 of the Sickle Cut scenario, the German player
may use up to three Air units in a single combat (which would shift
the odds three columns), on all following turns the maximum is 1."

Since it references a single combat only, I think two or three planes may be used only on a single hex. The rest would be one plane maximum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United Kingdom
Ealing
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, isn't English fun? Since you have gotten completely contradictory opinions from unofficial sources, I suppose the is naught to do but try asking on the France '40 forum on Consimworld (http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@@.1dd6f8fa). Mark Simonitch is over there often and usually answers pretty promptly. Alternately, you could just take my word for it that I am right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.