Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Frahm
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologise I haven't actually developed anything yet. But I though I'd post something in here to see if I can crowd source some potential answers. I'd like to go through each scenario and develop a replacement puzzle from the first edition (core box only) to replace the 2nd edition puzzles. So, I'm open to suggestions on how to do this, but I thought I'd put forward some design philosophies I feel are most important. These are ordered in level of importance.

1. The puzzle should visually and mechanically best match the described puzzle in the story
2. The puzzle should be appropriately difficult. Hopefully its in the ball park of turns on average to complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You realize that you'll still have to solve the app puzzles to advance the narrative, yes? Do you think people will enjoy doubling up on puzzles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Frahm
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
You realize that you'll still have to solve the app puzzles to advance the narrative, yes? Do you think people will enjoy doubling up on puzzles?

Fair enough, but I'm not really concerned about what other people will enjoy. Just what I personally would enjoy. And I really personally enjoy the first ed puzzles. Solving the puzzle in the app after I finish the 1st Ed puzzle doesn't bother me if I get to integrate the old puzzles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the reason most people preferred 2E to 1E was that the fiddliness was gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:

You have raised a good point. What would be great would be if FFG added a Puzzle Solved button to the app so that players could choose to 'cheat'. This would enable players to substitute their own puzzles and to cheat if they really get stuck - and yes I am thinking of the 5 code mastermind puzzle which can take several actions to solve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the 2e puzzles, but for the life of me I've never been able to wrap my head around mastermind. I would love to ditch that particular puzzle.

I can understand the OPs train of thought regarding the 1e puzzles. It would be nice to see them integrated into the app at some stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.