9 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: New Wiki! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you haven't been following the official Forums, I, Lynkfox, one of the curators of the Sentinels Wiki (at sotm.wikidot.com), have been working hard on moving the wiki to a better site.

It is now Mediawiki format (the same format that Wikipedia uses). It is much more powerful, and I have always felt more elegant. Also, because it is no longer on a free hosting site, we the community have more control over the wiki itself. Plus, the free site was almost out of hosting memory, and all the new images of the variant packs would have thrown it over the edge. If someone was going to have to pay anyways, might as well move it it someplace better.

It was not an easy process, moving everything. It is 95% done now.

The move to media wiki (and a hosting service that can handle all of the images on the wiki) is done!

http://sentinelswiki.com/

Go forth Sentinels, and find all the errors I may have made. Because there are undoubtedly many.

The beauty of wiki's is that it can be edited by anyone. So, please. There is lots of stuff to do. Mostly Formatting, so everything looks the same ( look here http://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Formatting_Guidelin... for guidelines), spellchecking and grammar editing, and of course - the most important part... the references!

http://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=References

So feel free to chip in and help out! Don't worry about messing anything up, that's the wonder of wikis. It can always be rolled back.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Looking at the heroes...there are Sentinels Tactics heroes that can be played in SoTM? I did not know that at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! The new site looks great!

Mizerak wrote:
Very cool! Looking at the heroes...there are Sentinels Tactics heroes that can be played in SoTM? I did not know that at all.

I don't think that is the case. On quick glance I only saw three listings for Tactics heroes--two of whom are just additional variants of SotM characters. I think they are listed for completeness. The wiki looks to be covering both systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again great job man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Well done! The new site looks great!

Mizerak wrote:

I don't think that is the case. On quick glance I only saw three listings for Tactics heroes--two of whom are just additional variants of SotM characters. I think they are listed for completeness. The wiki looks to be covering both systems.

yeah the wiki covers the sentinels universe, so that includes Multiverse, Tsctics, and the upcoming RPG

and listing, for instance, Renegade under chrono ranger is because his tactics name is (or was going to be) different than his multiverse name. so incase someone was looking for 'whose renegade?' they can find it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
Awesome job. I love the Sentinels Wiki! So much good information at your finger tips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Klein
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
La Capitan's difficulty is given as 1, which is incorrect for both versions of her character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll fix that. No reason you couldn't too though! xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.