Great Western Trail» Forums » General

Subject: anyone share my thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
1 - looks freaking awesome! Cannot wait to play this! The mechanisms, production (of course haven't seen it in person but PS/SH never disappoints), the uniqueness, man I'm excited!

2- this is gonna be a beast to teach, but the iconography is pretty great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Yes.

I'm actually on 2/3 of the way through the rulebook. At first, it seemed pretty straight forward, but I'm realizing more and more how intertwined all of the mechanisms are...

This is my most anticipated Essen game, in a year that both Uwe and Feld are releasing two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
I actually just cancelled my preorder. I'm still excited to see how this one turns out but I'm in "wait and see" mode. The game looks pretty, and it has an interesting theme. I didn't read the whole rulebook, but from what I read it seemed there were a lot of little rules that I would probably end up forgetting or having to reference.

So I'll be waiting for some video reviews and for it to hit retail, but I do hope it turns out good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought that also at first, but as I did a practice run on teaching I realized every little rule and exception is pretty clearly indicated on the board, it seems very well done so as not to miss anything.

The iconography is great, once you go over each one (which I admit may take some time) it seems clear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools

Love the theme, but if it doesn't play well solo it would end up just sitting on my shelf. I'll have to wait to read some solo play reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
I thought that also at first, but as I did a practice run on teaching I realized every little rule and exception is pretty clearly indicated on the board, it seems very well done so as not to miss anything.

The iconography is great, once you go over each one (which I admit may take some time) it seems clear

That's been my impression. I'm not concerned about forgetting rules myself since it all seems spelled out with the iconography. I do think it's going to be tricky to teach, but my wife is a good sport most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I immediately pre-ordered after reading the online rulebook. So yeah, I'm pretty pumped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crud I thought I had finally found another telepath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:

the key for me then: will there be a "chart/aid" included? (something, for each player, showing exactly what each/every icon means)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

the key for me then: will there be a "chart/aid" included? (something, for each player, showing exactly what each/every icon means)

Agreed, I didn't see anything about a player aid in the components or rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Brüx
Germany
Stolberg
flag msg tools
I played this yesterday at the fair in Essen and I cannot wait to play this again (immediately bought it). The iconography is pretty easy to understand after playing a couple of turns and you can find all the descriptions in the rulebook. Tomorrow I am going to teach this to some people of my group but I don't think this will be a big issue as the game itself plays pretty smoothly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cookiemonster83 wrote:
I played this yesterday at the fair in Essen and I cannot wait to play this again (immediately bought it). The iconography is pretty easy to understand after playing a couple of turns and you can find all the descriptions in the rulebook. Tomorrow I am going to teach this to some people of my group but I don't think this will be a big issue as the game itself plays pretty smoothly.

So jealous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.