4 Posts

Forbidden Island» Forums » Variants

Subject: Simple Minotaur Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Wellington
msg tools
Here is a simple thing I've been doing to add a little variation in the game

I have a little Minotaur miniature I use to represent the Minotaur. I also have a Minotaur token from Magic that I shuffle into the island deck. The deck is sleeved to hide it.

Whenever the Minotaur is drawn he is placed on the same tile as the player that drew it. The player must then move to another tile.

Players cannot move to the tile that the Minotaur is on. The Minotaur can be lured away from the tile for two action points. The player must also move away a space.

The Minotaur token card stays in play like a normal island card and is reshuffled back in when the waters rise card is drawn. If it is drawn again then it is moved to the tile of the player that drew it.

If the tile in Minotaur sinks then it is removed. If drawn again then it comes back into play.

This variant adds a little more to the game without being distracting or changing it too much. The extra card in the deck slows the sinking of the island slightly but adds a roadblock that can really interfere. This can be done with any combo of miniature and token card. So use what you've got and have fun with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Van Vlaenderen
Belgium
Lissewege
Belgie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks like a perfect expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gotteri
United Kingdom
CHESTERFIELD
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
This sounds awesome!
A quirky little change to a little game, and the minotaur fits the theme, too. Perfect. :-)
I'm going to try it!
Thank you for sharing! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taber
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my RPG blog at http://www.usandacat.com/thelair!
badge
Work hard, play hard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.