Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joekeck
United States
jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) the first edition haunts that were removed from the second edition.
I keep hearing about a much missed haunt where the house comes alive and you have to cooperate (no traitor) to kill it.
I think some of the removed haunts were broken, but whats broken can be fixed/revamped/retooled.
Personally I don't think they should have even bothered making an expansion if they weren't going to bring back the old haunts

2) new characters. This would:
a) increase variety / breathe new life into the game, and
b) increase the number of players

3) new stat marker clips that are long enough to point to the stat number and don't fall off

apparently this expansion includes none of these things
so color me disappointed
but I still really really really wanna play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most I wish for new events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Ostrowski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I hope with the inclusion of new omens, the standard rules increase the Omen dice roll from 6 dice to 7 or 8, so we have time to explore all 4 floors in the house. If not, we might make this a house rule anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Heiser
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gintegra wrote:
I hope with the inclusion of new omens, the standard rules increase the Omen dice roll from 6 dice to 7 or 8, so we have time to explore all 4 floors in the house. If not, we might make this a house rule anyway.

We've long played with a house rule that we don't roll for haunts until there are at least 15 tiles out on the board. It works very well - and as funny as it was that time I rolled all zeros on the first haunt roll, it's pretty stupid when something like that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mb
Jux_ wrote:
The most I wish for new events.

I'm thrilled with the expansion we're getting, but I would absolutely buy an expansion just made up of new cards. I particularly think the game needs more Item variety, but I'd welcome more Events and Omens, as well. The game will now have 100 Haunts, which is a ton of variety, but you'll still see the same Items coming up in many games. Same with Events and Omens, to a lesser degree. An expansion that only has cards in it would be pretty cheap for them to produce and sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joekeck
United States
jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
agreed...

4) a lot more new events, items, omens
no new haunts would've been ok
you have to play the base game a minimum of 50 times to experience the entire game, but yer gonna be so sick of seeing the same dang events and items over & over LONG before you've played all the haunts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really surprised that it only add up to 11 cards to each of those decks. This was seriously lacking already in original :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joekeck
United States
jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
and to be really wistful...

5) additional miniatures for the characters on the opposite side of the character cards
for example: when I play as the priest, Id like a priest figure

6) upgraded replacement components
like plastic miniatures for all the monsters and whatnot

but I think these would be best in a separate 'upgrade kit', not part of an expansion in order to keep its price down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
gintegra wrote:

Completely disagree. The point of six dice is so that even with the best rolling, the 13th omen will always get you. 13 is thematic.

But you could always houserule it. Instead of rolling more dice, consider subtracting two from the number of omens on the table. (So 6 omens would trigger on a 3 or less, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.