3 Posts

Battleground» Forums » General

Subject: Thinking of selling...... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p socialworkdad
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
For various reasons, I think I am going to sell my Battleground collection. Rather than the decks gathering dust I would rather others play with them and enjoy it!

My question is..... should I sell them as a set or is there a market for individual decks? I believe I have everything apart from the recent kickstarters and the historical decks.

Has anyone managed to sell a collection before?

Thanks for any advice,
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mb
I'd imagine that if you sell decks/factions separately it will take a long time and you'll be left with some you can't shift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on my fairly regular observations of ebay sales since getting into this game a couple years ago, I'd say you can expect to get about $7-$10/pack if you sell in a large collection. Very few complete collections show up for sale online, but my impression is that the people shopping for them are looking to get in at a bargain.

I'd say if you have starters and reinforcement decks for the 9 core factions (everybody except Dark Elves, Wuxing and the historicals), you should be able to get $160-$190 depending on whether you've also got the Kingdoms deck, Terrain Pack, and the Scenario Booklet.

You might be able to get a little more selling them individually, but you're likely to end up sitting on them for a while waiting for a sale. There is a market for individual decks, but it's not huge, and new decks are selling online for about $12-$13.

Consider posting your plans to the Your Move Games Forum (ymgforum.com), where the small but dedicated fanbase for this game hangs out.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.