Popular Tags: [View All]
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I've recently made a new version of my acclaimed* dice game Dice of the Living Dead. It is still at it's core a simple push your luck game about surviving the zombie apocalypse, but the new version has added story elements, more variety, and rules for multiplayer. It doesn't look good, to be honest, but that is because I want to do some more testing before making a great looking version. And that is where you can help.

All the files are in the files section here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/56022/dice-living-dead/f...

You'll need to print and cut some cards and tiles, but not much, and since you don't shuffle the cards a lot you don't have to use thick cardstock. Colour is also optional.

If you have any questions, do let me know.

mads

* mostly acclaimed by myself :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Thyssen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I've tried out the game once now, and I'm not quite ready to give any feedback. But I do have a question...

Does the time-tracker die count down every round or only on bad rolls. Because I don't really see any rules that say it should count down even though it might make sense to do so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the time being you only lose Time from dice rolls. But remember it can also happen during combat.

Another thing. First version of the rules fail to mention that you begin with 12 survivors, 6 supplies, and 6 Ammo.

Looking forward to hearing what you think

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Thyssen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Well, I can give you my quick thoughts now after 2 plays: It plays very quick, which I like. And of course you'd need to have custom dice instead of look-up tables if this was ever produced. Which could speed it up even more.

The push-your-luck with all the rerolls and the 'Do I wan't to risk spawning more zombies' is very nicely done.

But I think the combat is too random for my taste. It's specifically because I don't know what strength the Zombies are gonna come out. So I don't feel the reroll options in combat provides a meaningful decision. But I do know it makes the roll of the zombie combat dice very exciting, so that's that's the other side of it.

I'd love to take a stab at it with my wife, but I can't promise you when. Since we have unplayed copies of Castles of Burgundy, Keyflower and Forbidden Stars on the shelf right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know the feeling of unplayed games looking at me.

I see what you mean about combat, but basically it's another push your luck element. And while you don't know your target numbers you do know that high is always better. So reallyou it's a matter of whether you are willing to risk losing Time or survivors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.