Hide
6 Posts

Hammer of the Scots» Forums » Rules

Subject: Truce card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
What does "Truce does not cancel another event card" mean?
I mean, no event cards cancel other event cards, right?
Is it just for someone who (somehow) thinks it would cancel another event card for thematic reasons?

By the way, am I right that "cannnot attack" means "cannot move into enemy areas"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Stone
United States
Northern VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro Kokon wrote:
What does "Truce does not cancel another event card" mean?
I mean, no event cards cancel other event cards, right?
Is it just for someone who (somehow) thinks it would cancel another event card for thematic reasons?

I believe you are correct as to why the apparent redundancy. I would guess that the two candidate "hostile" event cards that someone might think could be cancelled would be Herald and Pillage. But as you point out they indeed are not cancelled.

Kuro Kokon wrote:
By the way, am I right that "cannnot attack" means "cannot move into enemy areas"?

That is correct (they may not enter an area containing enemy blocks) and Rule 5.9 and the side bar in Version 3.0 of the rules add that the Scottish player may not enter England even if it is empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One may play an event card as "Return of the King" or "Coronation" event which may trigger a coronation battle. Pretty sure the coronation battle would be resolved regardless of the truce card. See rule 6.2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If 'Truce' is played for Coronation/Return of the King, then it's not a Truce event; Any Defections due to Scots King arrival are resolved first. Then if the English player has played a 1-2-3 Strategy card, they get their turn, and can attack (since it wasn't actually a Truce event).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
armadaman wrote:
If 'Truce' is played for Coronation/Return of the King, then it's not a Truce event; Any Defections due to Scots King arrival are resolved first. Then if the English player has played a 1-2-3 Strategy card, they get their turn, and can attack (since it wasn't actually a Truce event).
I think Tom is saying English play truce and the Scots play another event for coronation.
Coronation can cause battles, so it is another "hostile event" that may result in battles despite truce being played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.