Subject: Op. Fire in buildings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started with the game after having it sit on the shelf for months, first scenario. Other than the Argentenians getting absolutely massacred it seemed to play well.

One thing I couldn't wrap my head around was OF in and around buildings, especially as most of the early fighting was in and around the church.

The rules seem to imply that only degrading terrain removes the +1 attack bonus, shouldn't this be the case with blocking terrain too?

For example, if a unit is moving around a multi hex building (or between floors) should it be protected from the +1 regardless of where the fire comes from? Also does fire between adjacent building hexes have +LC/HC TEM?

On an unrelated note, were the X-maps/generator ever released, or if they were was it a US exclusive? Could never find them for love nor money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathninja wrote:
Just started with the game after having it sit on the shelf for months, first scenario. Other than the Argentenians getting absolutely massacred it seemed to play well.

One thing I couldn't wrap my head around was OF in and around buildings, especially as most of the early fighting was in and around the church.

The rules seem to imply that only degrading terrain removes the +1 attack bonus, shouldn't this be the case with blocking terrain too?

For example, if a unit is moving around a multi hex building (or between floors) should it be protected from the +1 regardless of where the fire comes from? Also does fire between adjacent building hexes have +LC/HC TEM?

On an unrelated note, were the X-maps/generator ever released, or if they were was it a US exclusive? Could never find them for love nor money.

Only certain degrading terrain, like Brush/Gorse, w/o a TM, negates the +1 attack bonus. If the hex terrain has a TM then the bonus is offset by the hex's TM. So in the Buildings you refer to, it's more or less like saying a +3 TM becomes +2 b/c of the exposure of the moving troops in windows, etc. (that's the theory.)

Yes, fire b/tw adjacent LC/HC Buildings has TEMs.

And I'm pretty sure the X-maps and Generator were released and are probably for sale on the Web site now (but don't quote me on that).

-Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you are new to playing LnLT, I suggest playing a small scenario like "The Last Gasp" first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
POUM
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the X-maps in Sweden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.