Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernie Campbell
United States
Salem
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
But it was so...artistically done...
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't explicitly say, but it seems to imply that Allied air support can only be used to support Allied attacks. Is this the impression other people get? Or can you "save" air points to use to modify in defense if you so choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux
Canada
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SCS forum on consimworld is where you are most likely to get an authoritative answers.

I think the rules as written support either interpretations. What would be the point of 2.14b if the air point could not be used in defense?

2.14d never comes out and mention defense but the mechanic of "Place the Air Point marker “Shift” side up atop the defending stack and remove the marker when the combat is finished" makes sense in both situation and it doesn't rule out defense per se.

I would allow air point use defensively but the last PBEM game I played the other player (allied) said that they couldn't. I wasn't about to pass up my opponent volunteering for a handicap so we played with that.

EDIT: found this thread on CSW: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6b46d/17950

It's A-OK... But only ever 1 column shift even in dominated air zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Campbell
United States
Salem
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
But it was so...artistically done...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I went ahead with the assumption that it wasn't okay, because I didn't feel like waiting for an answer. My British paratroops that had taken Caen on the first turn lost it as a result, but what the heck? I'm only playing solitaire. I can try again later.

I rarely use the Consimworld forums. Their format makes no sense to me. shake (That's not to say I can't figure it out when I try. It's just annoying.)

Many thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.