Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Kalhagen
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Morning,

Hopefully this is the right place to write this. I am a fairly new user to BoardGameGeek but I really have enjoyed the community and features that the site has to offer. In the past few weeks I have purchased two games from the market and overall both transactions have gone very smoothly and I have left feedback for both sellers.

The first transaction did cause me a little trouble however. I purchased a game in "like new" condition, however it arrived in a box that had a corner ripped all the way down and the inside frame of the box was falling apart to point where I had to glue it together so the pieces would stay in place. The seller had also mentioned via private message that some bonus pieces would be included which was very generous however many of these bonus pieces were missing and one was even broken. This wasn't as big of a deal because they weren't actually a part of the main game, but needless to say, for both of these reasons, I was a little disappointed with the transaction. When I left my feedback I gave a "neutral" grading. In my review I still made sure to mention all the good points of the transaction because he was very kind to me, but it really didn't deserve a "positive" in my view.

The reason I am writing this is because now the seller has left a negative feedback on my account warning other sellers about me solely because I left a neutral review on his. Is there any sort of support I can contact to refute this claim and have his feedback removed? I'd be happy to supply pictures of the game that arrived if it is needed.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

-Kalhagen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kalhagen,

Sorry to hear this.

You should contact the Community Manager:

Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggest drop a private gmail to

Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb

He is best able to look into this sort of situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rats - those darn monkeyhandz beat me again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kalhagen
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful, many thanks to both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that you got quite hosed with what appeared to be clear, honest feedback to the seller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The response I received from BGG on feedback in the past was that users are free to leave whatever feedback they want and that BGG doesn't care if users leave retaliatory feedback. I hope that has changed, but I doubt it has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kalhagen
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you wondering, I did hear back. Unfortunately feedback can't be removed by an admin without the writers permission. It must not be a big enough of an issue at this time.

I do understand this, and that would take a lot of time to moderate cases such as mine, but at the same time it is unfortunate to be a new user and have that "stain" my record so early on. I can't imagine a feedback rating of (-1) looks too good!

Hopefully future people that I work with understand this scenario!

Thanks to everyone who helped out

-Kalhagen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.