Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't infer anything different from the rules; but I thought to ask it anyway in case I'm missing something huge.

If a player applies a CURSE effect on a monster, the CURSE card goes to the collective monsters' attack modifier deck, right? This means that cursing a monster may cause a different monster to miss later.

It's not a problem for me, but the doubt came to my mind because of this apparent theme discrepancy.

Anyway, can't wait for that gargantuan box to come home. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I understood the rule book. Also, there is no other place to go for the curse, right?

You could put it on the monster sleeve thingy and then, when you draw modifiers for this exact monster, shuffle it in and sift through the deck and remove it afterwards. Which, like … no, not gonna happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Curse and bless are effectively shared between the monsters. There wasn't really any other (realistic) way to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it in a communal sense. A single skellington is "cursed," but said skellington is just a curse-bearing-conduit for all respective skellingtons, leading to all skellingtons being cursed.

Skellingtons--destined for a cursed unlife.

Also, that nasty Grue and Bandit Lord who hang out with the skellingtons... well, misery loves company--they're cursed now, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you just dropped a curse-bomb with splash damage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe the cursed creature stumbles into another monster and causes them to miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the curse is a spell and its target is specified by a vocal component of the spell. People often generalize their spoken statements and the often uneducated heroes do not have discipline to specify the target properly.

So instead of "Curse on you b***y f***g skeleton number five from the second floor of the Gloomhaven abandoned mines!" they often shorten it to "Curse on you b***y f***g skeletons!".

That way they affect all the poor innocent skeletons in the universe making them vulnerable to the odds of the cruel world. Sad but true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
Well, the curse is a spell and its target is specified by a vocal component of the spell. People often generalize their spoken statements and the often uneducated heroes do not have discipline to specify the target properly.

So instead of "Curse on you b***y f***g skeleton number five from the second floor of the Gloomhaven abandoned mines!" they often shorten it to "Curse on you b***y f***g skeletons!".

That way they affect all the poor innocent skeletons in the universe making them vulnerable to the odds of the cruel world. Sad but true.

Spoiler alert: don't be a skeleton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.