Subject: Another Modification to Starvation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Traylor
United States
Glens Falls
New York
flag msg tools
So I've been thinking about the starvation space and trying to tweak it a bit to be more fun but still have penalties similar to what it's intended to have. Since the possibility of not getting any resources and instead losing some when trying to hunt higher levels monsters is an intentional aspect of the difficulty, how do you reduce the odds of the monster escaping without breaking the game balance? So far the best idea I've seen has been the extra space after starvation so that the monster can potentially move back onto the board (mostly to reduce the high probability of White Lions running away), but I think I've come up with a better solution by changing the text for Starvation. It would go as follows:

Upon reaching the starvation space:

Choose one of the following:
Abandon the Hunt: normal effects of the Starvation Space.
Continue the Hunt: roll 1d5 and record this number (if you already have a recorded number, add this roll to that number). Reset the hunt board, place the monster one space closer to the survivors than it was the last time the hunt board was set. At the beginning of the next Settlement Phase, archive resources (from storage and/or resources carried by returning survivors) until the number of archived resources equal the recorded number or there are no more resources that can be archived.

I think this would present a good way for dedicated survivors to ensure (as much as possible in KD:M) that they can get to the Showdown Phase while still incurring a penalty and making the hunt more dangerous in exchange for higher chance of rewards. What does everyone else think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.