Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cardassian Union

Nothing new really but they state there will more previews of the systems and exploration cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
If they had cloaking that Hunter Killer fleet ability would decimate for such small number of ships

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Varney
msg tools
That would require espionage of some sort to "aquire" Romulan technology and, we all know that would be far beneath the Cardassian's moral code.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb

Does anyone know what the other 2 fleets are?

I like the way the Galor Class ship looks from that graphic. Hopefully the actual models are good.

I wasn't very impressed with the look of the resin starbases, but I'm hoping GF9 makes some really cool Deep Space 9 Space Station models! Man that would look so sweat!

Does anyone have a good idea of how the Hunter Killer Fleet is best used? At first glance 3 ships seems like too few, but then again the Klingon Marauder fleet only has 4 (btw, has anyone found much success using the Klingon Marauder fleet?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Basically whenever you can afford the commands to do so, there's plenty of advancements to help you use the HK fleets.

You have to use them really, they are there to compensate as Cardies don't have much in the way of techs to help them research weapons/shield or fight space battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
combined with the tech that lets you build ships in any uncontrolled system, you can use the HK-fleets to attack unsuspecting targets anywhere on the map.

with the mutagenic weapons tech, they can possibly invade a planet succesfully on their own, with annexation protocols refreshing 2 commands at the same time so its almost for free!

btw, they have 2 HK fleets and the 3rd is the standard battle group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ Zappelli
msg tools
Are you saying they have 2 identical H/K fleet cards leavin the 3rd a Battle Group similar to Feds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ Zappelli
msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
combined with the tech that lets you build ships in any uncontrolled system, you can use the HK-fleets to attack unsuspecting targets anywhere on the map.

with the mutagenic weapons tech, they can possibly invade a planet succesfully on their own, with annexation protocols refreshing 2 commands at the same time so its almost for free!

btw, they have 2 HK fleets and the 3rd is the standard battle group

I saw a partial pic of the 3rd fleet & it had something to do with re-rolling during planetary invasions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apparently yes, so i stand corrected they have 2 hunter killer fleets and the assault fleet for the front side of the fleets

for the battle group, normally each race has one of these but its apparently different for the cardassians.
the battle group is exactly as the federation version ie reroll '1' in battles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XFRodney wrote:
That would require espionage of some sort to "aquire" Romulan technology and, we all know that would be far beneath the Cardassian's moral code.

This doesn't have nearly enough thumbs laughlaughlaugh

Also Gravitic Sensor Net is really cool. I think I remember three-player core set games (Fed/Klingon/Romulans) reaching stalemates partly due to Romulan cloaking tech. I guess if someone drafts Romulans, someone after them is much more likely to draft Cardies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.