12 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » General

Subject: Are worth the extra teams? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
El Solitario
Spain
flag msg tools
I have the deluxe version of the game, and I am interested to have at least 4 more unique teams (to no repeat 2 teams, for example team 5 and team 12 is the same).

Are worth the extra teams for solo play? Not only for myself, also as IA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My completism said they were...all of them. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got one of each numbered variant not every team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got them all because I love the game and want to own all of it. I plan on picking up all 8 of the new teams as well. I got to play them in April with Mike Fitzgerald at a Con when they were in prototype, so it feels kind of cool to see how they turned out. Amazon sells them in bundles do you don't need to track them down individually.

As an added surprising bonus, I found that having all the teams makes it easier to find people willing to play, as they're more likely to try it if you have the 2045 version of their favorite team. I know half of them are copies, but it truly doesn't matter to baseball fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I request the creation of a Montreal Expos team for the game : every time the team wins, dump all your good cards and get worse players. (Yeah i still resent how they destroyed my local team).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hiltz
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've done a great job of making every team unique. I've made it a point to grab one of each number. If the prices were more reasonable I'd collect them all for completionist's sake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the extra teams. I've also played 8 players a few times with it. I just wished they were a little cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Solitario
Spain
flag msg tools
I was wrong because I thought that in solo play I pick a team for IA.
After reading the rules I noticed that the IA team is obtained from Free Agent pool.

Anyway, I think that would be interesting to have more teams (not all, just the unique and no repetitive teams in abilities) because with some teams would be more easy than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E M
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very disappointed when I saw the new releases and still no A's team soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Solitario
Spain
flag msg tools
Duncan Ferguson wrote:
I was very disappointed when I saw the new releases and still no A's team soblue

What do you mean with A's team?

I am considering to pick every unique variant team (one of two), I mean 1 and 9 is the same team with different name and I will pick one. With it I will have different team to try different solo games.

I think it is the best investment, do you agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Solinete wrote:
Duncan Ferguson wrote:

What do you mean with A's team?

The Oakland Athletics in the San Francisco Bay area (California) are widely known as the A's. mb mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For people who are mentioning specific team names.

You'll should take note of something on all of these expansion teams so far. Only the city names are mentioned, and not the team names. This is a clever move to avoid potential licensing costs.

So, if you are looking for the Brewers, you're actually after the "Milwaukee" team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.