Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sinkovits
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spellweaver has two cards Mana Bolt + Frost Armor that both have the same ability on the top half of the card. It seems to make thematic sense to be a mana bolt since it can use all the elemental infusions, but I don't understand how it can be frost armor.

My first thought was that this was a mistake, but then I saw the frost armor used as an example in the new rule book - so maybe not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can tell, the ability name only refers to one half of the card for thematic sense. You are right in that Isaac reused the top portion on both abilities, and it DOES make sense for "Mana Bolt". But to me, "Frost Armor" is referring to the bottom portion where it blocks damage and adds the ice (or cold or whatever it's called) element. That portion definitely makes sense to me as "Frost Armor".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my imagination I depict the Spellweaver to change her mind just has she was about to cast the chilly armour on herself and blast the half-formed ice energy at the opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
may be the the top half refers to freeze the enemy armor. it would be no funny for the enemy, i think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.