Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Heiret
United States
Redmond
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, maybe everyone else who plays Armada already noticed this, but it just recently occurred to me (and hadn't occurred to either of the guys I play with regularly):

One side of the ruler is the ship side, and the other is basically the squadron side (Rhymer's ability excepted). It took me forever to get the range vs. distance thing into my head, but I feel like if the rules had come out and said "ship side" and "squadron side," it would have been easier to learn.

Anybody else not notice this? It's cool if it's just me--I'm just genuinely curious about everyone's experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TenEyedMan wrote:
So, maybe everyone else who plays Armada already noticed this, but it just recently occurred to me (and hadn't occurred to either of the guys I play with regularly):

One side of the ruler is the ship side, and the other is basically the squadron side (Rhymer's ability excepted). It took me forever to get the range vs. distance thing into my head, but I feel like if the rules had come out and said "ship side" and "squadron side," it would have been easier to learn.

Anybody else not notice this? It's cool if it's just me--I'm just genuinely curious about everyone's experience.

Never had an issue, I found it incredibly intuitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom T
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought it was poorly described too. The rules in general are clunky, especially compared to X-Wing and Rebellion. Too bad. For the price, we deserved better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Naxer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I concur! I also wish the range/distance ruler was made of a more durable material, as I'm afraid of bending it. Off to litko I go: http://tinyurl.com/htoevvp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except some ship rules and abilities use the Distance side, while some squad abilities use the Range side. Using different terms than Ship and Squad for the sides of the ruler allows future content to reference them as needed without people complaining that "this ship upgrade used the Squadron ruler!" etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.